cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Power roof vent in bathroom

kbe
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking about installing a power roof vent in bathroom on a 2007 Starcraft 30 ft. TT It is not power now, but I am wondering if Starcraft has the electrical preinstalled up there?
3 REPLIES 3

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have a light on the ceiling with un-switched 12 volts, fish a wire across the ceiling space. If the light is on the wall, you might be able to fish a new wire up the wall and across the ceiling - sometimes there is a hole in an interior wall above a wall light that you can get new wire into.

Otherwise, with some patience, it is possible to fish wire through a ceiling space to a 12 volt source by pulling down lights, speakers, AC trim, etc. for access points. You can always enlarge the hole behind a ceiling light for easier access. You should be able to find a 12 volt source somewhere like at the TV co-ax/amp. plate or radio, or perhaps from wherever the converter panel is and then up a nearby interior wall cavity.

We have a Maxxair fan in our bathroom and love it. Works great when sleeping in the bedroom. We open a bedroom window at night and run the bathroom fan. Cools better than having our bedroom fan running and sucking warm air into the bedroom from the rest of the trailer.

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
I think this should be standard equipment on every trailer. Campers are a small space and the toxic waste that comes out of my kids, or myself after a good night around the fire, is enough to be deadly. If you dont have one you need to get one at any cost.
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
kbe wrote:
Thinking about installing a power roof vent in bathroom on a 2007 Starcraft 30 ft. TT It is not power now, but I am wondering if Starcraft has the electrical preinstalled up there?

Pull the vent garnish and look. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380