cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recall of Port. Generators

pegdiver
Explorer
Explorer
All Power Portable Generators Recalled by J.D. North America Due to Explosion, Fire and Burn Hazards

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2016/All-Power-Portable-Generators-Recalled-by-JD-North-America/
Recall Date: August 25, 2016
Recall Number: 16-250

All Power Portable Generators Recalled by J.D. North America Due to Explosion, Fire and Burn Hazards

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2016/All-Power-Portable-Generators-Recalled-by-JD-North-America/

Recall Summary
Name of Product: All Power portable gasoline generators

Hazard: The fuel tank can leak, posing explosion, fire and burn hazards.
Remedy: Replace

Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled generators and contact J.D. North America to schedule a free replacement fuel tank, including installation.

Consumer Contact: J.D. North America toll-free at (844) 287-4655 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, by email at apggrecall@jdna.com, or online at www.allpoweramerica.com and click on the APGG Recall link for more information.

Recall Details

Photos Available At: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2016/All-Power-Portable-Generators-Recalled-by-JD-North-America/

Units: About 12,000 (in addition, 300 were sold in Mexico)

Description: This recall involves All Power portable gasoline generators with model numbers APGG6000 and APGG7500. The black and red generators have a black fuel tank on top of the units. Model APGG6000 generators are rated at 6,000 watts and have UPC code 8 4676600055 3 and serial number JD29014S18035 through JD29014U020742. Model APGG7500 generators are rated at 7,500 watts and have UPC code 8 4676600056 0 and serial number JD42014S16027 through JD42014T210606. The model number is located on both sides of the unit. The UPC code and serial number can be found on a silver plate on the upper right hand-side of the back side panel.

Incidents/Injuries: The firm has received 21 reports of fuel leakage. No injuries or property damage have been reported.

Sold at: Big Sandy Superstores, Family Farm & Home, Inc., Home Owners Bargain Outlet, Mills Fleet Farm Corp., Nexcom West Coast and other stores nationwide and online at Bluestem.com, BrandsmartUSA.com, HomeDepot.com, hoboonline.com, jbtoolsales.com and other online retailers from March 2014 through May 2016 for between $510 and $725.

Importer/Distributor: J.D. North America Corp., of Charlotte, N.C.

Manufactured in: China

Note: Profeco's (Mexico) press release is available at http://www.profeco.gob.mx/Verificacion/alertas_nvo.asp
2012 Winnebago Adventurer 37F with 2012 Jeep Liberty toad.
Old - 1999 32' Adventurer (no slides) with Grand Vitara toad (105,000 miles!)
Pride 3 wheel mobility scooter
Only 3 states to go in the USA, Camped in most of Canada and 4 states in Mexico too!
5 REPLIES 5

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
I have (3) 5 gallon gas cans..... and my Generac holds 7 gallons.

GP7000E.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
westend wrote:
I don't know why these bigger gensets don't incorporate a removable tank.

probably $$$$

bumpy

Yeah, the most obvious reason.That hose coupling and the plastic wing nuts, along with the extra tooling for the extrusion of the tank all add up to a few dollars more.

If I was going to make a genset, I'd look a bit forward to the marketing, though. The guy looking for back-up power at his local big box store may make his decision on just the convenience of a removable tank. That wasn't me. As I said, I leave the tank attached and visit the gas station with a 6 gallon can. Others may not have that option.

During one long utility outage, I did remove the tank for filling and filled the 6 gallon can, as well. It provided for less visits to the gas station .
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I also have a 5500 generator with a suitcase gas tank, it looks like it might be cheaper to make then one permanently attached.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
I don't know why these bigger gensets don't incorporate a removable tank.

probably $$$$

bumpy

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know why these bigger gensets don't incorporate a removable tank. I have a 5500 W Generac and the tank is removable, you can fill it at the gas station and bring it back to the gen set, attach the fuel line and be golden. The coupling system is leak resistant for the fuel line.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton