cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Record Low Temps in the Keys

Luke_Porter
Explorer
Explorer
We're having record low temps here in the Keys---your heart bleeds---I know.

But, don't worry about us---it's record high lows. We have a new record high low of 75 for this date.

Come on down!
Yep, actually drove to all of these places---in the last eight years. Missed Rhode Island and New Jersey.

35 REPLIES 35

kccwoodworks
Explorer
Explorer
I feel realy sorry for the residents of the Keys. After two years I have never experienced less than 71 degrees in the Virgin Islands. HAH!

moll672
Explorer
Explorer
For all you Ontario snowbirds, it is warmer in Winnipeg and Whitehorse than it is in Toronto today!! This time last week I was moaning about no AC on a bus in Mexico !! Next winter somewhere warmer for a lot longer.
2014 Silverado 5.3 Crew Cab
2004 KZ Sportsmen 2253 5th wheel

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
I think I'd rather dodge a hurricane for a couple of days instead of suffering through 3 months of winter........ It's easy enough to pick up and move a couple of hundred miles.

jims1 wrote:
Veebyes wrote:
Cold has finally hit here too. Here at 32N 64W we are at 55 for tonight. May have to close the windows & use more than a light bedsheet tonight.

Have to go out & mow grass tomorrow then get another gallon of paint on the side of the house. Ah well...at least everything is till green.

But where you are also got smashed by 2 hurricanes this year. Its always a trade off!
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

Luke_Porter
Explorer
Explorer
We have a new low low for this date in the Keys---49 where I am.

Actually kinda a problem for some folks. The homeless don't have heavy clothes or blankets. They had a big blanket roundup in Key West yesterday.
Yep, actually drove to all of these places---in the last eight years. Missed Rhode Island and New Jersey.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Ah, just bundle up around the campfire, you'll be just fine!

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah its a blustery 8 degrees here in Indiana!
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
What's the matter? Too hot to burn it for a campfire!! :B
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
jims1 wrote:
Veebyes wrote:
Cold has finally hit here too. Here at 32N 64W we are at 55 for tonight. May have to close the windows & use more than a light bedsheet tonight.

Have to go out & mow grass tomorrow then get another gallon of paint on the side of the house. Ah well...at least everything is till green.

But where you are also got smashed by 2 hurricanes this year. Its always a trade off!

We all get something. Earthquakes, tornados, flooding, snow, extreme cold, hurricanes, don't know which is the worst. No house damage but I am still dealing with leftover tree & bush damage from the storms.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

jims1
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:

Volvo dually Pickup
DRV Memphis
Me, Alie, and Salie
Fulltiming

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe this will send a chill down your spine!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

A bad day camping is

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
Hope everyone down south gets a shiver!!!!!:M

Enjoy! I even pointed the X south just to feel better,

I sure do NOT miss living in Illinois.

Yup, REAL glad I am in Florida.

But I do feel for ya, kinda, well just a little bit!

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hope everyone down south gets a shiver!!!!!:M

Enjoy! I even pointed the X south just to feel better,
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I'm staying in North Central Florida and a hard freeze is predicted for tonight. So I decided to winterize the MH.

It felt real weird winterizing it in 70 degree temperatures today!

That said most certainly can't complain. It won't get to freezing here until just before daylight and then for only a few hours.

Yup, I sure don't mind a couple of hours of freezing temps for one night here in Florida versus weeks of "below 0" temps. :W