cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Record Low Temps in the Keys

Luke_Porter
Explorer
Explorer
We're having record low temps here in the Keys---your heart bleeds---I know.

But, don't worry about us---it's record high lows. We have a new record high low of 75 for this date.

Come on down!
Yep, actually drove to all of these places---in the last eight years. Missed Rhode Island and New Jersey.

35 REPLIES 35

sowego
Explorer
Explorer
The last time we were in the Keys in late February we arrived to high in the 50's so glad we still had the flannel sheets on but it did indeed warm up after that.
2002 Tiffin Phaeton
2005 Malibu Maxx toad

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
One up on your record. Snowed in Lake Havasu. First time that many locals can remember. Friend of ours down here is 47, lived here her whole life, and had never been in snow. She made snow angels in less that a half inch of snow. She loved it!

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ya, but we have snow and below zero temps! Take that!!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Duck
Explorer
Explorer
OK Thursday morning the lows are going to be around 59-62 with a high of 70.
Don
08-FORD F350 PSD
13 Bighorn 3055RL {For Sale}

Luke_Porter
Explorer
Explorer
82.5 at 11:59 here.
Yep, actually drove to all of these places---in the last eight years. Missed Rhode Island and New Jersey.

bee_46
Explorer
Explorer
C-Bears - You beat me to it to decide that Veebyes are not currently in Maryland. It was cold and windy today. High about 32 degrees today with snow forecasted for tomorrow. I wouldn't mind being in Bermuda right now myself.
Bobbie ๐Ÿ™‚

2003 Pleasure Way Excel TD

Alaska 2008

Arches, Geysers, and Canyons

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
"Florida Bashing":

Florida folks visiting So. CA for the Rose Bowl.

Temps in the mid to high 50's in the daytime.

After the loss to Oregon - and the "cold", they were ready to go home by the end of the week..:(

So today (Monday) it was 81 degrees.

Same for tomorrow, and 70's to high 60's for the rest of the week.
(mid 50s at night)

Good snow in the local mountains - surf in the AM, ski (or snowboard) in the PM....
just like in the mountains of Florida..;)

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
C-Bears wrote:
Veebyes wrote:
Shame that you have to go so far south for 70 something temps. We were mid 70s here today at latitude 32N. That is about the same latitude as Wilmington, SC for those who don't pay attention to those numbers.

While most of you were making sure that your brass monkeys were indoors & warm I was out working up a sweat house painting today.

It might drop to the mid 60s tonight. Brrrrrr.

Either you aren't in the state of Maryland, or you are quoting temperatures inside your house. Annapolis is going to be 20 degrees tonight with a high tomorrow or 35, and that white stuff you see out of your window is snow falling!

Like you, I spend my time in 2 places. As stated I am at the same latitude as Wilmington, SC. Nowhere near MD. I also happen to be quite some distance due north of Puerto Rico on the 64W line.

I have not seen snow, to touch, in quite some time. Don't own a snow blower. Would not know how to operate it. Do own a snowbrush in my truck, but that is used for taking bugs off the screen over the radiator grill.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

C-Bears
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
Shame that you have to go so far south for 70 something temps. We were mid 70s here today at latitude 32N. That is about the same latitude as Wilmington, SC for those who don't pay attention to those numbers.

While most of you were making sure that your brass monkeys were indoors & warm I was out working up a sweat house painting today.

Either you aren't in the state of Maryland, or you are quoting temperatures inside your house. Annapolis is going to be 20 degrees tonight with a high tomorrow or 35, and that white stuff you see out of your window is snow falling!
2014 Montana 3725RL (Goodyear G614 Tires, Flow Thru TPMS)

SPENDING THE WINTERS AT OUR HOME IN SW FLORIDA. THE REST OF THE YEAR SEEING THE U.S. FROM OUR LIVING ROOM WINDOW!

TOMMY47
Explorer
Explorer
When I was in the keys a few years ago, it never got above 75. Only above 70 a couple times in a month.
Lows in the 30s. Iguanas were freezing and dropping out of trees. Many thousands of dead fish everywhere due to the cold. We were lucky condo had heat.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
I was just there last week, and we loved it!

Left home on Christmas day with no plans or reservations. DW was watching the ReserveAmerica site on the way down and she managed to snag two nights at Long Key SP just as someone else cancelled theirs. Went to Key West for the day, had lunch at Louie's Backyard, and actually found parking on the street on the same block! Ate some great seafood, Key Lime Pie, drank some good beer. Then we rode an air-boat in the Everglades, and got a close look at all those future handbags and boots with teeth you have crawling around down there. :B We were out nine days, visited several other places as well, but those were the highlights.

All in all, it was a great trip for a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be there in about two months. You need to hide before I arrive. 21 this morning in Fort Davis, TX.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

jrnymn7
Explorer
Explorer
yeah, thanks winnipeg! we'll be getting your weather in a day or two. ๐Ÿ˜ž

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
I admit, I'm a wimp. Gimme the Keys weather, please!
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point