RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Explorer

Re: RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

No, Frank, you're not wrong. Your math adds-up, but, with all due respect, you are being short-sighted. I daresay any of us here could come-up with another $135, or $1000 for that matter, to take a trip, but we have to draw the line somewhere. It's mostly matter of principle with me, but I also see this situation getting worse and forced cut-backs in consumption, whether voluntary or by force of law, are absolutely inevitable. It's less traumatic for me to gradually make changes now rather than have it all come down on my head like sledge hammer.

We have a choice. We can either start to restructure our lives around expensive fuel now, which I choose to do, or we can "eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die." I like to be in control of my own life and refuse to be exploited, gouged and victimized by highway robbery at the pump.

For most of us that have rv's, it's not about the money, at least not yet - Joe's right on that. It's the principle of the thing. If you think I'm extreme, Joe, I know a guy who got mad at Entergy and cancelled his electrical service. He erected a soundproof building in his backyard and installed two GM 2-71 generator sets and a thousand gal diesel tank. His power cost him 100 times as much - which was worth it to him. On a lesser scale, I'm making the same statement to Hugo Chavez and the Saudi.

It's been fun and therapeutic - hope nobody has any hard feelings.

Jack