Explorer
Bus grease monkey chanel

https://youtu.be/AENVARxXdSs
12 REPLIES 12

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tvov wrote:
I thought it was interesting about the left hand threads on one side.

LOL.
Want a adventure? Buy new tires, tubes, and flaps for your old ride you are trying to keep original split rims on.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
I thought it was interesting about the left hand threads on one side.

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
free radical wrote:
time2roll wrote:
Please don't take your antique bus to a modern truck stop.

Why not
Id hope all tire shops repair people should be trained and qualified to work on any vehicle including heavy rigs.

ROFLMAO.......roll with the hope.
I have a burn barrel in my yard.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Hope is great until a near impossible part to replace is broken or damaged.
Would you take your 1966 Ferrari or Shelby to the local guy on the corner? I sure would not.

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:

Why not
Id hope all tire shops repair people should be trained and qualified to work on any vehicle including heavy rigs.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's the Morons that think it's ok to use a torque stick that cause many problems.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
FlatBroke wrote:
20 minutes. More like boring tire change. No, I didnโ€™t watch it all.

Thank you.
I did enough tire work to not enjoy watching.
First time my first truck with Budd wheels needed brakes I broke enough hand tools before loaded parts and cooler of beer, went to tire shop to never richard around like that again. Next brake job, inch drive long shank impact. Probably 1000s of wheels off/on without striping studs, on Budd wheels. Now I did learn that putting inner tire on board to change outer wheel could lead to broken studs.

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
20 minutes. More like boring tire change. No, I didnโ€™t watch it all.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
JRscooby wrote:
I'm having hard time seeing the issue. Is the rant the inner nuts are loose after the outer are removed? If so, that is to be expected any time you deal with Budd wheels. The threads on outer is much larger than inner. Torque applied to outer, friction in the threads turn the inner. If somebody has lubed the inner threads the inner nut comes off stud before nut come off. You need a real short box end wrench to hold the outer, screw inner. Best case, if not removing inner wheel, you torque the inner nuts before put outer wheel back on.
One place in clip it looks like they but outer nuts on inner to torque the inner. I'm sure they got them tight, but did they stay tight when removed nuts to put outer wheel on?

What??? :h none of that makes sense!

Did you not watch the video. They used a 1โ€ impact which over torqued the lug nuts/studs and stripped them out!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm having hard time seeing the issue. Is the rant the inner nuts are loose after the outer are removed? If so, that is to be expected any time you deal with Budd wheels. The threads on outer is much larger than inner. Torque applied to outer, friction in the threads turn the inner. If somebody has lubed the inner threads the inner nut comes off stud before nut come off. You need a real short box end wrench to hold the outer, screw inner. Best case, if not removing inner wheel, you torque the inner nuts before put outer wheel back on.
One place in clip it looks like they but outer nuts on inner to torque the inner. I'm sure they got them tight, but did they stay tight when removed nuts to put outer wheel on?

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Glad you posted this. I just finished watching it and then came here to catch up. I hope Loves does take care of him like they said they would do! Itโ€™s scary to know what they may have put out on the road!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!