cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Siriusxm

Cottontop
Explorer
Explorer
all my bills come in before they are due so I can pay them on time.
That is all but Sirius xm. No matter how many times I ask them they are always late.
1998 Beaver Patriot (Magnum)
FMCA- Good Sam - CAT (3126)
PT Cruiser AUTO with Remco 4down
61 REPLIES 61

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Keithk3628 wrote:
...The music service is free...So if we have any other Amazon Prime members look at the music option, I was very happy to find it and am going to enjoy my last call to Sirius to really cancel the subscription. Now I just need to test it in the wifes Honda, she has liked the Sirius free trial on her new Civic.

Keith

I also listen to Amazon Prime music. You sort of glossed over the fact that it really isn't free.

Also Prime music streaming requires a continuous data connection which isn't available everywhere. That data connection costs money which could make Prime music very expensive.

My Sirius/XM lifetime subscription cost me $399 once. After about twelve years of use the cost is less than $3 per month. Since I don't plan on dying for a while, the monthly cost will continue to decline and no web connection is required.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Keithk3628 wrote:
Bumpyroad

Appreciate the post, I looked on the Sirius site and finally found the ala carte option but price has gone up to $8.95. If I stayed with Sirius I would probably continue the 5-6 month thing but I found a better option.

Amazon prime which I use a lot has Amazon music for free with the Prime, I put a couple good old oldies best 0f 50's to 60's on my iPhone and the tried it in my truck, the iPhone automatically connects to the truck and the music played great, so for free I believe I have access they say 2 million songs.

The music service is free, the unlimited music is $7.99 for unlimited. I haven't figured out what is unlimited but won't find out cause the free music had plenty of options for music. And it is commercial free so I can't find any downfall. I drove away from my wi-fi connection and the trucks radio played the music from my phone and it interrupted for phone calls and went back to the music, so I was very happy and it was free kinda, I do pay for Prime.

So if we have any other Amazon Prime members look at the music option, I was very happy to find it and am going to enjoy my last call to Sirius to really cancel the subscription. Now I just need to test it in the wifes Honda, she has liked the Sirius free trial on her new Civic.

Keith

glad it worked out for you.
bumpy

Keithk3628
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad

Appreciate the post, I looked on the Sirius site and finally found the ala carte option but price has gone up to $8.95. If I stayed with Sirius I would probably continue the 5-6 month thing but I found a better option.

Amazon prime which I use a lot has Amazon music for free with the Prime, I put a couple good old oldies best 0f 50's to 60's on my iPhone and the tried it in my truck, the iPhone automatically connects to the truck and the music played great, so for free I believe I have access they say 2 million songs.

The music service is free, the unlimited music is $7.99 for unlimited. I haven't figured out what is unlimited but won't find out cause the free music had plenty of options for music. And it is commercial free so I can't find any downfall. I drove away from my wi-fi connection and the trucks radio played the music from my phone and it interrupted for phone calls and went back to the music, so I was very happy and it was free kinda, I do pay for Prime.

So if we have any other Amazon Prime members look at the music option, I was very happy to find it and am going to enjoy my last call to Sirius to really cancel the subscription. Now I just need to test it in the wifes Honda, she has liked the Sirius free trial on her new Civic.

Keith

RVman3252
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:
I agree itโ€™s not gaming the system.

Iโ€™ve been doing it for years..

I have Siri remind me a week before it expires and I call to cancel.

They offer it to ME.

I donโ€™t ask for it.

X2
RVman3252
3252Px3 KZ Sportsmen Limited Triple Slide Fifth Wheel
Dodge Ram HD3500 CrewCab, Longbed 4x4 Cummins w/ PullRite Super 5th

Good Sam Life Member

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
WTP-GC wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
Keithk3628 wrote:
Bumproad

I am on the 5 month thing for $30 or so, I would like to go your $5.95 route, can you tell me where or how you started this plan, appreciate any info you can give, I am about 2 weeks out for my trucks plan and 3 weeks before my wife new free plan expires.

Keith

first you need a receiver capable of using the ala carte service. for the one basic fee (auto pay) you get 50 stations. I have 2 or 3 additional fee stations at 25 cents a month. I have a portable sirius radio with three docking stations, two in vehicles and one in the house.
but "ala carte" service is the key requirement. that was mandated by the govt to allow the merger. my vehicle receivers get plugged into the aux input on the radio.
bumpy

Sounds like a lot of hoops to jump through. I'll stick with my 5 minute phone call every 6 months to maintain my $5 per month rate.

my hoops are a once a lifetime job. can you use your $5 plan to get sirius/xm in two vehicles and your home/rv?
bumpy

Of course. I can download the app on my phone and take with me wherever I want to go. Any car, RV, boat, etc. Beats the heck out carrying around a portable receiver.
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
WTP-GC wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
Keithk3628 wrote:
Bumproad

I am on the 5 month thing for $30 or so, I would like to go your $5.95 route, can you tell me where or how you started this plan, appreciate any info you can give, I am about 2 weeks out for my trucks plan and 3 weeks before my wife new free plan expires.

Keith

first you need a receiver capable of using the ala carte service. for the one basic fee (auto pay) you get 50 stations. I have 2 or 3 additional fee stations at 25 cents a month. I have a portable sirius radio with three docking stations, two in vehicles and one in the house.
but "ala carte" service is the key requirement. that was mandated by the govt to allow the merger. my vehicle receivers get plugged into the aux input on the radio.
bumpy

Sounds like a lot of hoops to jump through. I'll stick with my 5 minute phone call every 6 months to maintain my $5 per month rate.

my hoops are a once a lifetime job. can you use your $5 plan to get sirius/xm in two vehicles and your home/rv?
bumpy

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
Keithk3628 wrote:
Bumproad

Keith

bumpy

Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Keithk3628 wrote:
Bumproad

Keith

bumpy

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
I had Sirius "commercial free" radio in a Jeep many years ago (the previous owner of the vehicle forgot to cancel it).
When they finally woke up and cancelled it, I allowed it to go away. Their self-promoting "commercials" were a definite turn-off! Oh, sure, they didn't have commercials for Walmart or Sticky Joe's Used Cars, but they sure had plenty of "announcements" for Sirius Channels.
The 6-disc CD player worked just fine for the few areas where there was poor radio signals.
If they ever have channels which are truly "commercial free", I might be interested.
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
They ticked me off with the Beatles channel. It was on for a while for free, but on the test channel. All the on-air personalities were swearing that it was staying around and it did. But they started charging for it ($30 I think) and at that point they lost me and my 3 radios. Any company that you have to scam to get a good price isn't getting my money.

In the meantime, I Heart Radio is free.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
One every 6 mo I call. I ask can you help me with this yes or no. If not I want to talk to your manager. Usually they help no problem, especially when I say simply look at my track record.

I do the same with Dish. These Companies are in decline with subscribers so they are more than happy to play "Let's Make a Deal".
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Keithk3628
Explorer
Explorer
Bumproad

Keith

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Bionic Man wrote:
Prepay for 5 months at a time. They have a 5 months for $25 promo. Then put it on your calendar to renew and get the same deal in 4 months and 3 weeks.

Same here , I was on to them right off. I renew every five or six months on the promo, sometimes its the threat of cancelation to get it , this last time it was pretty simple ,asked for it ,and got it, but that is not always the case. We will see next time what it takes it varies ๐Ÿ™‚

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
WTP-GC wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
reading all these posts about jumping thru hoops every 6 months makes me appreciate my auto pay ala carte plan. ๐Ÿ™‚
bumpy

Not sure whatโ€™s so hard about spending less than 5 minutes on the phone every 6 months.

I am NOT a tight wad BUT if I can save a LOT of $$$ on the same service or product and it only costs me a few minutes of my time I am all over it! I am the guy that buys GY for his RV's and Boat trailer and Michelin's for autos.

5 minutes??? some of the previous posts show more hoops to jump thru than that. and I think my auto pay is about $5.95 a month. no fuss, no muss, no 15 minutes on the phone, don't have to mark my calendar and jump thru hoops. I don't consider my additional cost to be "a LOT of $$$.
bumpy

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
WTP-GC wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
reading all these posts about jumping thru hoops every 6 months makes me appreciate my auto pay ala carte plan. ๐Ÿ™‚
bumpy

Not sure whatโ€™s so hard about spending less than 5 minutes on the phone every 6 months.

I am NOT a tight wad BUT if I can save a LOT of $$$ on the same service or product and it only costs me a few minutes of my time I am all over it! I am the guy that buys GY for his RV's and Boat trailer and Michelin's for autos.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD