cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SLIDE OUTS HELP

LLAPINELOG
Explorer
Explorer
MAYBE SOMEONE HERE KNOWS EXACTLY HOW THE SLIDE OUTS ON A 2002 SKYLINE NOMAD PARK MODEL MODEL NUMBER 3965 WORKS ? CANT FIND ANY SWITCHES, CANT FIND ANY PLACE TO HAND CRANK THEM IN. CANT SEE ANYTHING FROM UNDER THE TRAILER OR THE SLIDE OUTS. I HAVE LOOKED AND LOOKED AND CANT FIGURE IT OUT, BUT I HAVE TO HAVE OVER LOOKED SOMETHING SOME WHERE! THIS IS A PARK MODEL SO THERE IS BASICALLY NOTHING UNDER THE TRAILER AND THE ONLY 12V WIRING IS TO THE TAIL LIGHTS WHEN MOVING IT TO WHERE EVER ITS TO BE PARKED , SO AS I SAID, NOTHING TO SEE UNDER IT BUT THE FRAME AND BOTTOM SIDE OF FLOOR AND LP GAS PIPES. SO IF YOU CAN HELP ME PLEASE , THANK YOU
7 REPLIES 7

JohnG3
Explorer
Explorer
Helped s friend move a park model. On the outside of the slide there may be a small (size of a quarter) cover where a crank goes. That crank may be stored in the water heater closet or somewhere in the unit. You need that to crank the slides in. It is a manual operation and depending on how long and where it was set up it may need several friends on the outside pushing the slides in.

This was a one time assist so I don't know the make and model number of the trailer.
John and Elaine. Furry ones, Bubba, Buddy, Barney and Miss Chevious
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 SP
Know guns, know safety, know peace. No guns, no safety, no peace.

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
NADA Guides shows a 2003 model 3965 with Tip outs.

As far as I know, a tip out has no power switches. They are manually lifted and tipped out.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
Wow that sucks. I have an 09 3980. I too haven't seen a manual crank any where on mine, but at least I have 2 switches by my door to operate them
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
I guess my original reply got lost in the clean up of the several identical posts on different sections.

The rig you describe might have TIP OUTS not slide outs.

A tip out has a curved or sloped roof and is designed to be picked up from the outside bottom and tips into the rig - pivoting on a big hinge along the bottom joint. The tip out lays down inside the rig for transport. You will likely need to provide a tarp or sheet of plywood to cover the hole for transport.

Look under the slide outs. If you see gearing and supports - it is a slide out. If you see just a flat surface - it is likely a tip out.

If it is really a slide out, the manual crank is accessed from the opposite side of the trailer as the slide out.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

mowin
Explorer
Explorer
Is this a residential model? If I remember correctly. There's a cover somewhere by the floor. But I think there's a special remote that dealers had to open or close the slides. These units were set on site and never moved. Most I've seen in the CG in upstate NY were I am leave there slides out yr round.

dedmiston
Moved from Toy Haulers. Good luck!

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Moved from ATC