cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

sneeze and pain in chest

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone sneezed and pulled a muscle in their chest? about two weeks ago, I sneezed and got a very sharp pain in my chest. sneezed again the next night and it was worse. I have a stent in my heart and thought great I have sneezed so hard I moved it or tore a vein. I went to ER and they x rayed me and found nothing. conclusion I must have pulled a muscle but it is so bad I can't cough, or take a deep breath without pain or sleep on my sides. hope it settles down soon. I don't like taking pain pills since they just put me to sleep and I can't have that happen I need to be here for DW when she needs me to assist her with her cancer surgery relief
15 REPLIES 15

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
This happened to me in my early 50's and it was a pain over my heart. It would come and go. I thought for sure it was a heart problem especially since my father died of a heart attack at a young age. Went to my Dr. and he sent me for a stress test which came back fine. Long story short it turned out to be cracked cartilage between the rib bone right over my heart. He told me this could happen shoveling snow, doing pushups or hard coughing.

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it can and has happened to me. That said I would get it checked out anyways, ER's are not always the best place for things besides emergencies. I did a follow up after my last ER visit and found out they had misdiagnosed my eye injury and had me on meds that were eroding my cornea. Another blew off my pops complaint that he had a hard time swallowing as a bruise from a breathing tube. He died of cancer a year later.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
I've pulled them in my back before when sneezing. Bothered me for weeks.

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Center chest, feels like a stabbing heart attack?
Yep!
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it has happened to me also, very painful! Mine was thru my back though, right side under the shoulder blade! took about ten days to start to feel better,, but yeah coughing or sneezing was painful!!

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have 'sneeze attacks'.........scents set it off. I can not walk down the cleaner aisle in grocery stores, perfume counters in dept stores, pot-pourri areas of gift stores, Yankee Candle section etc

I start sneezing and continue for 10-20 sneezes one right after the other.

Then when that is over with I have muscle cramps in the 2 lower floating ribs that just about bend those ribs in half.
The cramping lasts about 1/2 hour afterwards I am sore for several days

I have gotten on an elevator.....and then immediately forced doors back open to get out due to the 'fumes' exuding from others

Sneezes are nothing to sneeze about :B
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

bcbouy
Explorer
Explorer
not in my chest but under the right shoulder blade.it layed me up for almost a week.
2012 ram 2500 hemi crew cab sb 4x4 2015 northstar 850 sc 14.5 g3 guide custom fly fishing boat

Explorer
Explorer
For that to happen you guys must really be OLD like me.
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.

discovery4us
Explorer
Explorer
I have done it twice. First time was just a discomfort. Second time had me down and out. Actually pulled a muscle and ruptured a vessel causing me to sneeze / cough up small amounts of blood. Was prescribed a low level muscle relaxer, basically ibuprofen, to give me enough relief to sleep and get around while it healed. about three weeks before I could sneeze or take a deep breath without it feeling like a knife to the chest. I have never appreciated the end of allergy season more than I did that year.

MandKJohns
Explorer
Explorer
Been there, done that, got the same ER bills your going to get. It sucks and it hurts. Just got to rest up. Hope you heal soon.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
LadyRVer wrote:
He did go to the ER.....the post the way I read it is just asking if anyone has done that. Old Guy did get medical attention.

That's what I read, the OP went to the ER, they did an X-Ray and found nothing. They concluded he must have pulled a muscle.

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Owie!

Yeah, I've done that. It sucks. Sorry you are in that boat. Heal up fast, the DW needs you.

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
He did go to the ER.....the post the way I read it is just asking if anyone has done that. Old Guy did get medical attention.

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
WHY are you asking us ? Go to a DOCTOR!