cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splendide 2100XC vent plugged/back flushed

amdriven2liv
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I found out my DW hasn't been getting the water level high enough when doing the "vent flush" on the washing machine.

Had to wrestle the thing out of the closet to back flush the vent. Tight spaces are not fun.

The flush did it's job. Might have been nice to remove the rubber vent hose to clean it better but they install the spring clamp release on the opposite side.

All in all, wasn't too difficult. Just dislike getting the unit out and back in!

I will be doing the flush system from now on!
2004 F350 6.0L 4x4 CC LB King Ranch, Scangauge II
2010 Mountaineer 324RLQ,
4 REPLIES 4

amdriven2liv
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, that is what I meant by the "flush". She wasn't getting the water level high enough. The machine will not let it over fill itself. Once it gets about 2 inches above halfway on the glass, it drains back down to halfway on the glass.

I have a short "heated water hose" I pack along. I just hooked it up to the water supply for the washer and "flushed" that part out. It was plugged. That part filled up and spilled out a little. One hand on the hose, the other on the valve. I had to go on and off a few times to get it to clear. Works great again.
2004 F350 6.0L 4x4 CC LB King Ranch, Scangauge II
2010 Mountaineer 324RLQ,

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Splendide separates. Does anyone happen to know if there is a flush procedure that should be done for the washer ??

Thanks,

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
If you look at the diagram for the 2100XC it is part # 34. Here is what Splendide tech sent me.

"I would suggest the following once a month:

1. Start the unit without clothes and with the dry time off on cycle # 11. When the water stops entering the unit push and hold the start button until all the lights come on then release the button. *NOTE: If the water is not at least half way up the glass repeat this step.

2. Move the cycle knob to cycle # 2 push the extra rinse button then press the start button once (do not hold) then let it run through that complete cycle. "

For the OP, we have had the same problem. I share your pain of getting that thing in and out. The only thing we have found that REALLY works is pulling it out and sticking a garden hose in the back of the machine through part #34. I also try to use the extra rinse whenever I wash towels or something that might make a lot of lint.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

westend
Explorer
Explorer
What"vent" needs to be flushed on the machine or is it in the plumbing? I'm just curious.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton