cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Stud Finders

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I have aluminum studs and want to attach a TV bracket. Any ideas on which brand would be best with density?
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.
20 REPLIES 20

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Aluminum framed trailers may have as few as three studs over the entire length of the side. The wall may have steel sheet metal just under the paneling for attaching a TV and it can be found with a strong magnet. A stud finder for wooden studs will be pretty much useless. If you had a sticker showing the TV mount location then go by that, if you want an alternate location, good luck. Contact the manufacturer if in doubt.

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
When all else fails they can sometimes be spotted from the outside in the morning condensation.

X2 and I took pictures of all the outside walls so I could use the information in the future.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
As a coincidence, my old studfinder bit the dust a few months back. Replaced it with this. REALLY good quality tool. Solid feel to it unlike the plastic box thing I'd had before. Works well and has settings for both wood and metal studs. Good price.

https://www.amazon.com/TACKLIFE-Scanner-Electronic-Detector-Detecting/dp/B07WVXVVR7/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?...

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
When all else fails they can sometimes be spotted from the outside in the morning condensation.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Middle knuckle on right hand.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD