cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Suburban furnace problem solved

capacitor
Explorer
Explorer
Went camping this past weekend in temps that dropped down to low 30's. Furnace didn't work so I pulled the grate off and all I could service was the igniter. It is a suburban nt-20seq with no outside access.. I did not have a 1/4" nutdriver to remove the igniter but since the blower worked, that was my first assumption. fix was more blankets till I got it home. After much research, I was sure it was the sail switch which I have no access to without removing the whole unit. As a last ditch effort I removed the igniter and sanded the two electrodes as oldbiscuit suggested when I had water heater issues. Put the igniter back in and poof, hot air. I lucked out on that one!
3 REPLIES 3

capacitor
Explorer
Explorer
Travel trailer 23'. I now added a 1/4" nutdriver and some sand paper to my toolbox!

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Great!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome! What kind of RV?
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE