cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Chat Service

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
As we travel around this great country, I find ourselves in areas of poor coverage for our cell telephone. Combine that with my advancing age, and decreased hearing ability, I find it difficult to speak on the phone.

As a result I have started to use on line “chat” with vendors or companies that I might want to purchase from.

I have noticed that most of the time, that the on line chat is a big waste of time! I spend a long time typing out a question, editing it for spelling and then sending. Often, the agent does not even address the issue being discussed, but rather responds with some obviously canned sentences applicable for all contacts. I don’t need a sales speech; I am looking for an answer!

On a recent contact with a major company, I tried twice, with two different agents. I got two conflicting responses along with the sales pitch. Both, eventually, after numerous messages back and forth, said I had to call on a telephone! I called alright and canceled the vendors’ service!

Does anyone else here find this insulting and disappointing? Do chat lines work for you? Am I doing something wrong? (I do remain polite)
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006
2 REPLIES 2

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
I'veused them, and noticed the same stuff as you did. These are marginally trained people, probably running 5 to 10 "chats" at the same time (why they take so long to respond) and they are just reading their canned scripts and sales pitch.

The phone people are as bad. Calls take 3 times as long as they should, while the rep reads canned pleasantries off their script. You really don't care how I am, just get on with it.
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
No they don't work well.

The only one I've used was Verizon's, and it just turns into a sales pitch with canned responses, as you said.

However, I don't take a long time typing and editing.. maybe they're getting impatient with you. Good luck.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman