cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tight sewer hose connections

wojorv
Explorer
Explorer
Would any one have a trick to getting sewer hoses disconnected that are too tight? Like many, due to some arthritis my grip isn't what it used to be. The Camco tool doesn't get any good reviews. I've tried some lubricant to no avail.
Thank You

โš Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" located at the top of this forum?
    "Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions related to forum posting, signature and photo testing, or reporting member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, post in the RV Forum which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!"
30 REPLIES 30

pismopete
Explorer
Explorer
I have had the same problem with my Viper hoses. I have a small flat screwdriver that I push into the connection and give it about a quarter turn and the hose come right off.

Clarryhill
Explorer
Explorer
Got a couple strap wrenches, but the channel locks Wa8yxm is referring to really get the job done.
2014 Ford F450 PSD
2017 Lance 1172

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
Same here. Tiny bit of dry silicone spray and those Camco sewer hose wrenches make it really easy. Been using them few years now and no problems at all. I give them 5* out of 5.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Original Dawn dish soap. It's slippery. Was even used to move a new bridge into position in MI when the original plan didn't work.

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
I appreciate this, now that my own wrists need help.
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
wa8yxm:
Welcome to senior RVing. As they say, Been there Done that.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks to whomever gave this thread a 'Bump'

I read it a long time ago and could not find it again to post a reply.

Harbor Freight

Channel lock

Turns out in the largest setting.. These are PERFECT for the job. Last used mine.... yesterday.

I thank the O/P for starting this thread as I've been fighting that Q@#$R@#$ cap for 13 years and he got me to thinking.. I've had that blang pliers set for 13 years too.

Oh I have a pair of the plastic "Sewer HOse Wrenches" in the prior post.. THey might work with Rinoflex but not with anything else. Not pleased with them at all. The Oil Filter wrench fits ALL.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Lube the connections. Strap wrenches, big channel locks, oil filter wrenches?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
How about a dry teflon lube
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
A strap wrench (or two) might be the answer for you.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

Moved from Forum Posting Help and Support

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bobโ€™s strap wench suggestion has my vote.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
How about these: Linkaroonie

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
carry a strap wrench
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand