cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TV wiring issues

glangefels
Explorer
Explorer
We recently added a HDMI to our main TV in the main cabin area to use with Direct Tv HD DVR and now the Tv's in the master bedroom, garage and outdoor areas do not work. Any suggestions on additional wiring needed?
We have a Voltage 3200 Toy Hauler. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

jorge3000
Explorer
Explorer
The wireless Genie is by far the easiest, however it will come with an additional monthly charge. If you trailer is wired already for coaxle, you could by an HDMI splicer that has a coaxle splicer on one side it it (may be a booster). You could then tie that back into the trailer hook up that distributes the signal to all areas again.

We did the wireless genie and it works like a charm. I think it costs us an extra $5 per month.

MrWizard
Do you mean, you bought a new tv with hdmi input and connected to the DVR with HDMI cable, now the DVR is only outputting the hdmi signal to the new tv, and no old style A/V signal to the old tv's ?

This is the way that DVR box operates

You may need to change DVR equipment, or add hdmi splitter, and a signal converter between splitter and the old tv's

The simplest solution might be to upgrade all your sat components to the new Joey hopper genie type units
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
What receiver? If your using a wireless Genie you need no additional wiring to connect the mini genies. That is by far the easiest.