Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What are you reading?

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Let's share book ideas!

I'm currently reading Huckleberry Finn. Haven't read it since I was a kid and, no surprise, it's a lot more complex than I remembered :). And a good traveling book!

Also highly recommended, from my just-finished pile, Motoring with Mohammed. It's nothing about war -- it's a travelogue from the 80s, about Yemen. Beautifully written.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.
540 REPLIES 540

dakasa47
Explorer
Explorer
ro_sie wrote:
Still reading Barkskins by Proux, but I have Hillbilly Elegy by J. D. Vance waiting in the wings. Barkskins is a great book, but Hillbilly looks to be very interesting!

It does look interesting. I will be interested in your opinion of it after you read it.
David and Marianne
2010 Tundra
2007 FunFinder 21'

dakasa47
Explorer
Explorer
Washington Square by Henry James
David and Marianne
2010 Tundra
2007 FunFinder 21'

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
Still reading Barkskins by Proux, but I have Hillbilly Elegy by J. D. Vance waiting in the wings. Barkskins is a great book, but Hillbilly looks to be very interesting!
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

dakasa47
Explorer
Explorer
Catherine the Great by Robert Massie
David and Marianne
2010 Tundra
2007 FunFinder 21'

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
Barkskins by Annie Proulx. Historical fiction. Early American and native American. 1/3 read and cant put it down.
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
The White Shaman Mural by Carolyn Boyd
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

Traveler7
Explorer
Explorer
'Station 11' by Emily St John Mandel

https://www.amazon.com/Station-Eleven-Emily-John-Mandel/dp/0804172447

really good!
"We are not defined by our limitations, we are defined by our potential"

Bigdogboogie
Explorer
Explorer
The Man in the high castle,By Philip K. Dick.

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Wanderlost wrote:
Lord Dunmore's Folly: Treachery on the Ohio (Forbes Road Book 4), by Robert J. Shade. Excellent historical fiction series set in the area around Fort Pitt (Pittsburgh), starting in the 1760s.

thanks lost i got it on kindle now

dakasa47
Explorer
Explorer
dakasa47 wrote:
Romanovs 1613-1918

Still making my way through Romanovs 1613-1918. I am up to Nicholas and Alexandra the last Emperor of Russia. I have read a lot about them so I know what happens at the end. Still a very sad story.
David and Marianne
2010 Tundra
2007 FunFinder 21'

Wanderlost
Nomad II
Nomad II
Lord Dunmore's Folly: Treachery on the Ohio (Forbes Road Book 4), by Robert J. Shade. Excellent historical fiction series set in the area around Fort Pitt (Pittsburgh), starting in the 1760s.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

dakasa47
Explorer
Explorer
Romanovs 1613-1918
David and Marianne
2010 Tundra
2007 FunFinder 21'

RideSlow
Explorer
Explorer
Into Thin Air, by John Krakauer.
2007 Dodge Ram QC 4x4 6.7 CTD 3500 SRW
2014 Stealth AK2612 TH
2004 HD Ultra Classic

dakasa47
Explorer
Explorer
The Europeans by Henry James
David and Marianne
2010 Tundra
2007 FunFinder 21'

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
I finished "Ladies of Liberty" a couple of days ago and right now I am on the last third of John Grisham's Camino Island. The book is about the very thing I am thinking is the reason for this book. First, it is supposed to be a mystry, but then it is about writers block and authors writing a bunch of **** because they cant thnk up a good story line. That's what I get just grabbing a book because I know the authors name.
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE