cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What is the oldest thing you take with you camping or rving?

Sillybugs2
Explorer
Explorer
Besides living things that is.

We still take my parents old Coleman gas lantern. They acquired it in 1972 when the bought a Minnie Winnebago. They gave it to us in 1992 when we started tent camping. Still works great and have only had to change mantels.
2016 Hideout 28BHSWE
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT 6.7L diesel 6 speed auto SRW longbed
65 REPLIES 65

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, lets see, The TT itself is 21 years old. My sleeping bag is 35. (It's had a new liner sewed into the inside once). Boy, there are some good memories in that old sleeping bag. (some of those memories involve girls. lol) My pillow cases are old cloth feed sacks that animal feed for farm animals was sold in back in the 40's and 50's, before they went to paper sacks. One of my fishing poles I got for Christmas when I was a kid so I'm going to say that it's about 37. Most of the rest of my stuff is newer then that so it's all new stuff to me.

MUDDYNOLL
Explorer
Explorer
The 1950's Coleman lantern and 3 burner Coleman stove my Dad gave me the year before he died.

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
My grandmother's ceramic sugar bowl. Must be at least 80 years old. And a huge kitchen carving knife that my grandfather frequently sharpened. Great memories!
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

hokeypokey
Explorer
Explorer
We've used our little 1 burner camp stove countless times. We found a carrying bag for it which can hold 2 propane bottles and a collapsible shield for the wind. The whole kit was just passed to a grandson and knowing him, he'll enjoy it very much.

Sillybugs2
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all for answering. Love some of the cool old things people take with them. Especially those with memories of loved ones gone.
2016 Hideout 28BHSWE
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT 6.7L diesel 6 speed auto SRW longbed

rfryer
Explorer
Explorer
The oldest thing I take is my M28 S&W; it dates from the late 50โ€™s. Next would be my old tent camping Coleman gas stove and lantern dating from the 60โ€™s. But I only take it on winter hunting trips in frigid weather. It saved my rear end when everything in my PU froze and the propane wouldnโ€™t light. And I have an old coffee percolator of unknown vintage that we routinely use since I donโ€™t carry any electronics or electrical appliances. Oh, and my old down jacket, also 1960โ€™s vintage but still better than the new stuff with feathers in it. And my 60โ€™s vintage Vasque mountain boots that Iโ€™ve worn out two sets of vibram soles on and theyโ€™re finally starting to look a little beat up. I notice theyโ€™ve put on weight, though; theyโ€™re a lot heavier than they used to be.:) I guess Iโ€™m an aficionado of the old stuff.

redwingfans
Explorer
Explorer
We take my wives grandmother's cast iron pans and her small camp shovel from the 1940s
Mark and Linda
2013 Pleasure Way Excel

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Giving it some more thought as to really something other than us.

My father had a small town car dealership from 1922-1955 and I still have a few old tools of his in my toolbox that I carry - some back to probably the 1930's - 40's. Do I use them? Not really, but they are not there for that reason!

Dad passed on in 1982 - had he lived he would have been 126 two days ago. Great man - great memories. Nice to stay in touch with him.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

zigzagguzzi
Explorer
Explorer
My Avion is a 1964. That's what I camp in. Jim

NMcamper55
Explorer
Explorer
My grandfather's aluminum cooking pot set. Has three pots, lids can be used as frying pans, and plates.

Also a handmade toaster made out of a metal 1 lb coffee can and hangar wire. Ugly as can be but makes great toast.
2012 Bullet 246RBS
2007 Nissan Titan

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Without question - my wife.

If you ask her she will say me; and I am a year older than her.

๐Ÿ™‚
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nearly 100 years old - antique toaster. My parents had one at the family cabin when I was a kid (nearly 100 years ago, lol). These are the best toasters ever made. Ours is similar to this one. The only thing that makes better toast is on the top of an antique wood and coal stove. A bit too difficult to take camping tho.... ๐Ÿ™‚

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
Uhh... My wife?
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
My birth certificate? ๐Ÿ™‚
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
My 1960's hunting knife and my Dad's 1/2" drive Craftsman socket set from the 1950's.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL