cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Who makes these USB wall plates?

DavinD
Explorer
Explorer
Any idea who makes these? I can't find them on the web. I'm looking to see if there's an upgraded version that supports fast charging. The ones I have charge very slowly.

2018 Coachman Chaparral 381RD

TV - 2013 Ford F350 Diesel SRW 4x4 Short Bed

12 REPLIES 12

gmctoyman
Explorer
Explorer
I installed 2 of those Firelime, very handy. I switched the power to them so I could turn them off, I was concerned about phantom loads. I found the idle power draw is negligible though.
Dave W. AKA "Toyman"
KE5GOH - On 146.52
RV's ? What RV's ???
Apache Pop-up
Classic GMC Motorhome
07 Leisure Travel Sprinter
Do Boats Count ?

Firelime
Explorer
Explorer
This is what I plan on putting in.

Magnadyne Black Wall Mount 4 USB Charging Ports 12-16V DC Input
2015 Silverado 3500HD Duramax LTZ Z71
2016 Keystone Cougar 337FLS, Trimetric 2030, SC 2030, 340 watts, 4 GC2's, Xantrex Freedom XC 1000 inverter/charger.
Curt Q20 w/R20

Rover_Bill
Explorer II
Explorer II
E-trailer has a large variety of 12V USB power sockets (including some that look like your picture).

12V_USB_Power
2015 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 4X4 TowHaul SLE ExtCab Bronze
2016 Keystone Passport GT 2670BH
ReCurve R6 hitch, DirecLink brake controller
2005 Suzuki C50 2006 Suzuki S40

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I used the same part GDEtrailer used and they are quite nice. Cheap on eBay!

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Harvey51 wrote:
I got two 120vac outlets with 2, USB ports, fits in a std outlet box or a shallow outlet box. $15.0 at COSTCO

Careful what you wish for. I also have two of those 2.1 A ones from Costco. I recently noticed that my iPad and iPhone get hot when charging from them. Curiously my Apple iPad charger says 2.4 amps on it; the iPad does not heat up when charging from it. Maybe it has a circuit in it to communicate with the iPad and reduce current when the temperature rises.

Interestingly enough, recently bought a 12 port 120V USB charger for DW, has 4- 1.5A, 4 2.5A and 4- 3.5A ports..

Her tablet charges slower on even the 3.5A ports than the supplied single 120V USB 2.1A wall wart..

Curiosity, required me to check the VOLTAGES with a meter..

Discovered that the supplied USB wall wart had a no load voltage of 5.56V and the 12 port charger had 5.35V..

Not ALL USB chargers supply the same VOLTAGE which can affect the speed of charging.. Too high of a voltage may affect the charging temperature, if the device was not designed for the higher voltage it may charge at a elevated temp..

Fortunately, the DWs tablet doesn't seem to get warm charging even with 5.56V..

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
I got two 120vac outlets with 2, USB ports, fits in a std outlet box or a shallow outlet box. $15.0 at COSTCO

Careful what you wish for. I also have two of those 2.1 A ones from Costco. I recently noticed that my iPad and iPhone get hot when charging from them. Curiously my Apple iPad charger says 2.4 amps on it; the iPad does not heat up when charging from it. Maybe it has a circuit in it to communicate with the iPad and reduce current when the temperature rises.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

scrubjaysnest
Explorer
Explorer
Ours 1 1/8 hole round size so I just ordered a 12volttechnology. Un screw the old one and screw the new one into the frame.
Axis 24.1 class A 500watts solar TS-45CC Trimetric
Very noisy generator :M
2016 Wrangler JK dinghy
โ€œThey who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.โ€ Benjamin Franklin

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
goducks10 wrote:
https://www.campingworld.com/usb-12-volt-plastic-charger-black?rrec=true

:R

Click bait website (tries to FORCE you to give email address so they CAN SPAM YOU FOREVER), they give NO specs, and $27 non member and $25 for "member" pricing just way over the top stupid prices for one single USB port and one cig lighter port..

Camping world NEEDS spanked for the click bait tactics..

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
DavinD wrote:
Any idea who makes these? I can't find them on the web. I'm looking to see if there's an upgraded version that supports fast charging. The ones I have charge very slowly.

Yeah, that IS one of the big issues with "built ins" like this..

They are easily obsoleted..

Not sure as to the charging current on your current version but you can get built in 2.1A USB chargers which may be faster than what you have.

One I found looks like this..

Can get it HERE for $29

Might have to enlarge your opening to fit it but gives you not only two USB charging ports (2.1A each) but you get a volt meter, extra power port and a switch that can turn the power on/off to the panel.

Personally, I would just replace with a cig power port then use

You can get these ones up to 3.6A charging per port and if it goes obsolete or bad, simply pull, toss and replace with new or updated technology..

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Blue Sea, Vetco Electronics, Sportsimportltd.com and on eBay I got one for a Toyota.

I got two 120vac outlets with 2, USB ports, fits in a std outlet box or a shallow outlet box. $15.0 at COSTCO.

The majority of 12 vdc to 5 vdc are 3 amp, at least on the first page on Google search.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
try ebay. maybe not what you want but they do have some