cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winterizing

Bighorns
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone ever put a sheet of plastic behind the vent covers for the refrigerator and furnace when you do your winterization? I was thinking this might possibly be a good thing to do for keeping dust and moisture out while it sits there for several months.
2011 Duramax 3500HD Dually
2012 Keystone Cougar 330RBK
5 REPLIES 5

Bighorns
Explorer
Explorer
Good points everyone. I think I will just leave things as they are. Especially because of the condensation that could occur.
2011 Duramax 3500HD Dually
2012 Keystone Cougar 330RBK

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Bighorns wrote:
Has anyone ever put a sheet of plastic behind the vent covers for the refrigerator and furnace when you do your winterization? I was thinking this might possibly be a good thing to do for keeping dust and moisture out while it sits there for several months.

I have been taping a sheet of fiberglass screen over my furnace and refrigerator vents for winter storage.

This helps keep the bugs out late fall, and keeps the snow from blowing in all winter. The screen is fine mesh, but lets in plenty of air to keep things dry.

Jerry

edbehnke
Explorer
Explorer
don't over think it....
eddie and sandie
3402 Montana 2013
Ford F350 2015

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
About every 6 months I blow those areas out with my air hose.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't forget that it will also keep condensation IN for several months. Personally, I prefer to leave mine open so it can dry out.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB