cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

You MIGHT be an RV'r if . . .

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
As a takeoff on Jeff Foxworthy's "Redneck" bit, here's a few thoughts that have popped into my mind. I will admit to being guilty of SOME of these!

You MIGHT be an RV'r if. . .

. . . the Camping World Master Catalog arrives and you lock yourself in the bathroom for an hour with a cordless phone and your VISA card.

. . . when someone asks how many people can sleep in your RV, you and your spouse answer in unison, "JUST TWO!"

. . . you could re-plumb, or re-wire your RV blindfolded, but if the dishwasher in your house quits, you tell your wife to call somebody.

. . . the sheets, towels, and small appliances in your RV are all brand new and color co-ordinated, but in your house it's the same stuff you bought at garage sales when you first got married.

. . . you're not at Camping World within 10 minutes of opening on Saturday morning, and they call your house to see if you're OK.

. . . at home it's Pop Tarts, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and leftovers, but in the CG it's full breakfasts, porterhouse, boiled shrimp, and fresh sweetcorn.

OK, folks, let's hear some more!
669 REPLIES 669

Chuck_N__Wined
Explorer
Explorer
...if your kids ask "Does this place have a pool?" as you pull in your DRIVEWAY after a 3 week trip.
Chuck
Chuck
'04 2500 Ram Quad Cab SWB, HEMI, 5 spd auto, 4.10.
'07 Cruiser CF29BT
Reese 16K slider, Prodigy controller

threedogtrip
Explorer
Explorer
You install a slobber tank to keep your wife's toad clean, or

You understand what that meant...........
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
--- Philip K. Dick

1999 Gulfstream Sunvoyager
(Our Gulfstream Home Site)
2006 Jeep Wranger
Doberlady
German Shedder Dog
Rescued Gentleman (In Spirit)

STPitcher
Explorer
Explorer
...when you're done in the bathroom in a stick house, and you try to flush with your foot.

...when your in the bathroom, and reach down to add a little water.
HOME IS WHERE THE JOURNEY TAKES YOU

Steve and Margie
2002 Winnie Journey/DL - Diesel
New Hampshire

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . you disconnect power to your swimming pool heater, to put in an RV outlet. :E

:B

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . when you park your lawn mower in the side yard, you have a compulsion to level it.

Casrep
Explorer
Explorer
if you get mail delivery at Walmart.
Living on the road
1999 HR Admiral
2003 Subaru Legacy Wagon
2 Cats - 1 Fat, 1 Brain-Dead and both spoiled

pdv
Explorer
Explorer
if...you have your TT and TV serviced before every trip but don't change the oil in your everyday vehicle for three years

if...you buy a new TT and then have to go and buy a new TV to match the color because the old TV matched the old TT

if...you plan your camping trips for the next 5 years

if...everytime you get a cool spell (meaning below 90 degrees) you start longing for that autumn trip
You can face anything with joy if God is the center of your life.

Don & Pat

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . come Monday morning, you have "Croc dots" on your feet. Got a case this past weekend!

retiredhappy
Explorer
Explorer
Okay, who heard my cell phone ring? I LOVE willie nelson's On the Road Again.
Karen West
30' Gulfstream Ultra Class C
2001 Saturn
Two Spoiled Black Labs

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
The Dunks wrote:
If.... you've ever said "We are just going to look" as you head out to an RV show. :B

:S

Guilty !

:B

catkins
Explorer II
Explorer II
.....if when looking for a new house, the first priority is good RV parking.

........ if you walk your dog, who doesn't need to go, just so you can check out that really big RV down the row.

.........you complain about having to pack in a suitcase and forget half the items you need when not traveling in the RV.

The_Dunks
Explorer
Explorer
If.... you've ever said "We are just going to look" as you head out to an RV show. :B
The Dunks - Terry and Steve
'05 Endeavor - The Oasis
'10 Jeep Liberty
In God We Trust

offshore
Explorer
Explorer
if...you enjoy watching someone else cut your grass.
2007, Pace Arrow 38P, W-24
Still fulltiming!!!:B

Mike_Mike_Motor
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a few from a Toyhaulers perspective.

If ...... Your brother couldn't find your camp site , because he could not believe you pulled a 30' 5er down a trail that he didn't even think was a trail. And had trouble getting his van up the hill. "Dude I thought it was only a pull out!" " I didn't even see a trail ! " He said.

If ..... You are tempted to go to the MX track in the RV , butt know you won't get any laps in if you do..... Also applies to a day in the desert.....................

If .... you got an 18v chain saw from you mother in law for Xmas ..... and plan to use it to get to cool spots ............

If ...... you wash your 5er and TV while still connected .... and you are going out to the desert.....

A little variation

You know your a Toyhauler
if .... you want to load up the bikes even if your just visiting family , just in case you find a new riding spot.

If ..... after buying your first toyhauler you start to want a sandrail or samurai or rhino just because you have room for one ........ This was surprising to me?

If .... only half of the basement is for chairs and BBQs (RV stuff) and the other half is for your toolbox parts crate , gearbag and tire inflater ( Dirtbike stuff) .

If ..... you build a basement slide out with room for a table underneath because their is no picknick table where you camp .
Everybody going faster than me is a "Maniac".
Everybody going slower than me is a "Idiot".
Don't they know I'M going the right speed.....LOL

ladymc53
Explorer
Explorer
if you look in the rear view mirror of your minivan to see if the 5'er is clearing the bridge.

if you make wide turns in your minivan

if your favorite reading material is ANYTHING with RV or camping in the title and you fight over who's going to read it first.

if the eyes of your acquaintances roll everytime you mention full-timing.

if the eyes of your friends light up when you mention full timing.

if you enjoy researching RV's after you've already bought yours.

And I could go on and on and on....
LadyMc
Sitting Stationary in a 33 ft. Newmar 5th wheel

Chrysler Town & Country Mini-van with Stow & Go Seats pulling a
CAMP INN 560 ULTRA RAINDROP -called a Raindrop, not a Teardrop cause it has a couch that makes into bunks - the Rolls-Royce of Tears!