cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

You MIGHT be an RV'r if . . .

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
As a takeoff on Jeff Foxworthy's "Redneck" bit, here's a few thoughts that have popped into my mind. I will admit to being guilty of SOME of these!

You MIGHT be an RV'r if. . .

. . . the Camping World Master Catalog arrives and you lock yourself in the bathroom for an hour with a cordless phone and your VISA card.

. . . when someone asks how many people can sleep in your RV, you and your spouse answer in unison, "JUST TWO!"

. . . you could re-plumb, or re-wire your RV blindfolded, but if the dishwasher in your house quits, you tell your wife to call somebody.

. . . the sheets, towels, and small appliances in your RV are all brand new and color co-ordinated, but in your house it's the same stuff you bought at garage sales when you first got married.

. . . you're not at Camping World within 10 minutes of opening on Saturday morning, and they call your house to see if you're OK.

. . . at home it's Pop Tarts, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and leftovers, but in the CG it's full breakfasts, porterhouse, boiled shrimp, and fresh sweetcorn.

OK, folks, let's hear some more!
669 REPLIES 669

jola
Explorer
Explorer
You've spent $20,000 on a TT, upgraded the TV, and bought another $3,000 worth of chairs, sheets, collapsable trash cans, TV, DVD player, kitchen supplies, and cast iron.....and you think camping is a bargain because it only costs $25 a night in a State Park campground!!

Southwind85
Explorer
Explorer
Yaj wrote:
Your reading this forum while in your RV parked on your slab at your stick house!

You're reading this forum while in your RV parked who knows where because you don't have a slab or a stick house.
The Good Life

mikhen
Explorer
Explorer
If....you've gotten married and had the ceremony and reception at a campground...and yes that is what we did.

Cygany
Explorer
Explorer
ASNF49 wrote:
If when looking to buy a house the number one priority is... Does it have parking for the RV?

NO. When your kids are shopping for a house....

Yaj
Explorer
Explorer
Your reading this forum while in your RV parked on your slab at your stick house!

glackandcrickle
Explorer
Explorer
Your boss tells you he and his wife do not see the appeal of camping....and you just smile.

You get back from camping and put off going to the lumber store because you don't want to take out the hitch or the camping box because your next trip will be in three or four weeks (counting the days!)

jr6ooo4
Explorer
Explorer
you start a fluff thread on an RV forum.

and it turns into a novel.

Mikeeee
After tent camping for many many years, we are finally off the ground!

trickto322
Explorer
Explorer
ASNF49 wrote:
If when looking to buy a house the number one priority is... Does it have parking for the RV?

This sounds just like my husband, funny

ASNF49
Explorer
Explorer
TV 2004 GMC Sierra
HTT 2007 Palomino Stampede 195SD

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
tinybluetj wrote:
portscanner wrote:
...you stop in a Camping World and scope out all the RV's even though you are definitely NOT in the market of buying one.

if you are NEVER NOT in the market for a new RV!:)

You are right. Let me amend that.
...even though you shouldnt be looking to buy a new RV because:
1. Financial situation
2. SWIMBO will kill you if you buy a new one.

(Although SWIMBO did like that Super C they had on the lot there.....)
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us

tinybluetj
Explorer
Explorer
portscanner wrote:
...you stop in a Camping World and scope out all the RV's even though you are definitely NOT in the market of buying one.

if you are NEVER NOT in the market for a new RV!:)

Southwind85
Explorer
Explorer
Greentow wrote:
You swing wide on every turn, regardless of what your driving!!!!!!

I thought the smaller the vehicle, the wider they swing into the wrong side lane. I regularly turn onto side roads without swinging wide at all where small cars nearly get taken out by oncoming traffic because they swing halfway into the next lane...and I don't even at 41ft long with the trailer.
The Good Life

RVUSA
Explorer
Explorer
If you keep coming back to this thread to see what everyone else has said. ๐Ÿ™‚

4UMLRKR
Explorer
Explorer
...IF YOU PUT A BIGGER DENT IN YOUR WOODPILE IN THE SUMMER THAN IN THE WINTER...
WE'LL CROSS THAT BRIDGE WHEN WE GET TO IT....BARELY

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us