cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

You MIGHT be an RV'r if . . .

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
As a takeoff on Jeff Foxworthy's "Redneck" bit, here's a few thoughts that have popped into my mind. I will admit to being guilty of SOME of these!

You MIGHT be an RV'r if. . .

. . . the Camping World Master Catalog arrives and you lock yourself in the bathroom for an hour with a cordless phone and your VISA card.

. . . when someone asks how many people can sleep in your RV, you and your spouse answer in unison, "JUST TWO!"

. . . you could re-plumb, or re-wire your RV blindfolded, but if the dishwasher in your house quits, you tell your wife to call somebody.

. . . the sheets, towels, and small appliances in your RV are all brand new and color co-ordinated, but in your house it's the same stuff you bought at garage sales when you first got married.

. . . you're not at Camping World within 10 minutes of opening on Saturday morning, and they call your house to see if you're OK.

. . . at home it's Pop Tarts, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and leftovers, but in the CG it's full breakfasts, porterhouse, boiled shrimp, and fresh sweetcorn.

OK, folks, let's hear some more!
669 REPLIES 669

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
When you walk across the bathroom in your stick house... You wonder if you're getting too much exercise. :B

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

donee
Explorer
Explorer
After being on an extended trip, you sit on the throne and try to find the lever to flush it in your stick and brick home.:)
donnie (K7UTA) & Linda
1 rescued furrykid "Buddy"
2016 Fleetwood SouthWind 32VS
14 Jeep Cherokee
K7UTA

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
You might be an RV'er if...

You DON'T like your friends new "Deer Camp" in Vermont, because they don't have room for your camper...

Actually, it is a beautiful place, WAAAAY back in the woods on slightly scary gravel roads. It is just a running joke between us, that my only "condition" on them buying a Deer Camp is/was that there would be room for me to visit with my camper!

scotty63
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on whats a suitcase. Went back to Ontario on the train in March and DW asked what clothes I wanted to pack. M answer was I don't need to pack as they should already be in the RV.
Ron & Jean
Coco , Spot & Frankie
British Columbia

Support Crafters and Farmers Markets

Retirement takes all the meaning out of weekend

ShapeShifter
Explorer
Explorer
justALnow wrote:
. . . you take the first "weekend away" in 3 years without the RV and realize you have completely forgotten how to pack a suitcase, or even where they are!

LOL! And when you do find the suitcase, you realize you've completely forgotten the concept of "traveling light!"

(We took a week-long trip last month, the first trip in 3 years without the MH. When I saw all the clothes DW wanted to bring, I had to tell her we can't take it all. So she cut back a few items, we crammed in the rest, and she ended up wearing only about 1/2 of them. :R)
2007 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PDQ LE
400 ISL Cummins/Allison
2013 Ford F-150 FX4 toad

Inside: Him, Her, and a pack of little furballs...

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
justALnow wrote:
. . . you take the first "weekend away" in 3 years without the RV and realize you have completely forgotten how to pack a suitcase, or even where they are!

What is a "suitcase"?
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . if preparing for guests involves assembling a screen room.

Okie_in_Wyoming
Explorer
Explorer
pasusan wrote:
If... You run out of something in the house and say "Let me check outside I think I've got one out there."

I did this exact thing this past weekend. Told DH that I have some rice in the 5er. Went out and got it. Like going to a store! I have more "good" groceries out there than I do in the house! LOL
Okie
Smiles across the Miles
Darling Husband
2 Wonderful Dogs
And Me
2007 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab(Diesel)
2010 Cougar 276RLS

barry_vanda
Explorer
Explorer
spitfirepete wrote:
If you have slideout scars on your forehead

Who?? me?? ouch!!
Honk at any silver Dodge Ram & Crossterrain toyhauler on Baja. It's gotta be us - 'specially if it says Baja and Back #1.

05 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel 4 by w/10,000 lb winch
09 TF34MK Crossterrain toyhauler
12' Portabote w/Yammy O/B.
08 Honda Rancher ES

Oshow
Explorer
Explorer
Why is this topic NOT stickied???!!! :B I'm not an RVer(yet), but I know that I am. How? I've nailed down what fiver I want to about 8 or so, tickled pink that the TV I want has a high enough tow rating, joined an RV forum, and I don't plan on living the RV life for another 15 YEARS or so!!!! That's how I know!!!

Cooksonthego
Explorer
Explorer
You determine the wines to buy by if they have a screw-top or not.

HppyCampr
Explorer
Explorer
If you have perfected the military style shower and you have never been in the military. ๐Ÿ™‚
Me: Heather (Mom/Student) DH:Kris (Fire/Medic)and our 2 boys: 5 going on 55 (Nov 04) and 1 (Feb 09)
TV: 2006 V8 Quad Cab Dodge Ram 1500
TT: 2007 Coachmen S.O.A 24tbq (our first TT)
2 dogs Max and Toby (Lab mix 4rs, Boston Terrier 7yrs)
2 cats Mia and Cuddles

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
If... You run out of something in the house and say "Let me check outside I think I've got one out there."

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

thunderstruckhd
Explorer
Explorer
Umm ??? If you own an RV ???
Prevost H3-45 Featherlite Vantare
500HP Series 60 Detroit Diesel
Assorted trailers,toys and toads
And Zoie the Doberman.(01/26/01 - 07/23/11) R.I.P.