cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

You MIGHT be an RV'r if . . .

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
As a takeoff on Jeff Foxworthy's "Redneck" bit, here's a few thoughts that have popped into my mind. I will admit to being guilty of SOME of these!

You MIGHT be an RV'r if. . .

. . . the Camping World Master Catalog arrives and you lock yourself in the bathroom for an hour with a cordless phone and your VISA card.

. . . when someone asks how many people can sleep in your RV, you and your spouse answer in unison, "JUST TWO!"

. . . you could re-plumb, or re-wire your RV blindfolded, but if the dishwasher in your house quits, you tell your wife to call somebody.

. . . the sheets, towels, and small appliances in your RV are all brand new and color co-ordinated, but in your house it's the same stuff you bought at garage sales when you first got married.

. . . you're not at Camping World within 10 minutes of opening on Saturday morning, and they call your house to see if you're OK.

. . . at home it's Pop Tarts, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and leftovers, but in the CG it's full breakfasts, porterhouse, boiled shrimp, and fresh sweetcorn.

OK, folks, let's hear some more!
669 REPLIES 669

AndyTblc
Explorer
Explorer
Al/Reeni wrote:
ShapeShifter wrote:
StanleyandIris wrote:
..you only know 2 seasons: RV on the road and RV in the shop.

Or for the people farther North, the two seasons are:
  • Camping Season ๐Ÿ™‚
  • Winterized ๐Ÿ˜ž

. . . or for those further South:

- Camping WITH A/C.

- Camping WITHOUT A/C.

Or if you're in michigan:
-A/C Season
- Furnace Season
1999 GMC Sierra Classic 1500 Z71-My Baby
1978 Terry Taurus- 18'- Hillbilly Heaven

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
ShapeShifter wrote:
StanleyandIris wrote:

• Camping Season ๐Ÿ™‚
  • Winterized ๐Ÿ˜ž

. . . or for those further South:

- Camping WITH A/C.

- Camping WITHOUT A/C.

ShapeShifter
Explorer
Explorer
StanleyandIris wrote:

• Camping Season ๐Ÿ™‚
  • Winterized ๐Ÿ˜ž
2007 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PDQ LE
400 ISL Cummins/Allison
2013 Ford F-150 FX4 toad

Inside: Him, Her, and a pack of little furballs...

JAXFL
Explorer
Explorer
Rockiesview wrote:
rondeb wrote:
if....you can survive a month with 2 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of shoes, 7 shirts,7 pairs of underwear and don't need anything else

did this in the Army for 4 years, part of the time my RV was a duce and a half with with chassis mounted "camper" (comm. van), and shower was our helmets.

Been there, done that, and have the T-shirt if you change the (comm. van), to a Weapons Van. I miss the good old days.
Happy Trails
JAXFL
2008 3100LTD Sun Seeker
2008 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4 Auto Toad

StanleyandIris
Explorer
Explorer

jr6ooo4
Explorer
Explorer
if you have reminders set on your cellphone and computer for the earliest date you can reserve your favorite spots for next years trips!
After tent camping for many many years, we are finally off the ground!

Rockiesview
Explorer
Explorer
rondeb wrote:
if....you can survive a month with 2 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of shoes, 7 shirts,7 pairs of underwear and don't need anything else

did this in the Army for 4 years, part of the time my RV was a duce and a half with with chassis mounted "camper" (comm. van), and shower was our helmets.

Galvorien52
Explorer
Explorer
Okay I just spent lots of time reading this from Post #1 to the very end - and I still got chuckles from rereading some of it! We sure are a fun bunch!

If you cruise the local campground occasionally just to look at the different rigs and maybe talk to their owners about them

If you dream of designing your perfect rv - and then start looking for sites to build it!

stroz4
Explorer
Explorer
If... you ask for duck tape for Christmas and your Birthday.
2008 F-350 V10 4x4
2003 palomino 1000
Retired U.S.Army

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . after returning home from a trip, you spend the next 3 days preparing and eating your meals in the RV so you don't have to empty the fridge.

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
jr6ooo4 wrote:
You might be an RVer if places that have to post a beer price chart like this

are in your list of favorite places.

Mikeeee

OK Mikeeee, that's TOO funny right there!

(That multiplying by 2's always was a tough one.)

letssay
Explorer
Explorer
If...you buy a bigger MH because your new puppy just grew to 70lbs and wasn't comfortable in the small one.
If...you read this entire thread with a big smile on your face and then got nervous because you've read the last post; more please.
There's no place like home; that's why we take ours with us :B

Enjoy your day!
2005 36' Discovery DP
1 happy husband
1 cool dog (Bradley Yeahbutt) and
Dr. Baxxter Peabody PHD waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

srkfb1
Explorer
Explorer
- your idea of a morning walk is a brisk walk across the street to the restroom because your not allowed to smell up the camper

GUILTY as charged:B
2009 Durango 355 BH
2007 Chevy Duramax Diesel
2005 Trailblazer-DW
2002 Grand Cherokee LTD
2003 Grandson Anthony
2006 Minature Schnauser-Dee Oh Gee
2008 Pickles Heinz 57
2009 Rusty Parsons Russell Terrier

emiddleb
Explorer
Explorer
if the whole (ok, one of) the reasons you bought the RV in the first place was that you can't take your pets with you on that airplane vacation.

guilty.
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Roadmaster Tow Dolly

AndyTblc
Explorer
Explorer
if your mom asks why the bathroom in the house looks like S*** and the bathroom in my camper is spotless.
1999 GMC Sierra Classic 1500 Z71-My Baby
1978 Terry Taurus- 18'- Hillbilly Heaven