cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

You MIGHT be an RV'r if . . .

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
As a takeoff on Jeff Foxworthy's "Redneck" bit, here's a few thoughts that have popped into my mind. I will admit to being guilty of SOME of these!

You MIGHT be an RV'r if. . .

. . . the Camping World Master Catalog arrives and you lock yourself in the bathroom for an hour with a cordless phone and your VISA card.

. . . when someone asks how many people can sleep in your RV, you and your spouse answer in unison, "JUST TWO!"

. . . you could re-plumb, or re-wire your RV blindfolded, but if the dishwasher in your house quits, you tell your wife to call somebody.

. . . the sheets, towels, and small appliances in your RV are all brand new and color co-ordinated, but in your house it's the same stuff you bought at garage sales when you first got married.

. . . you're not at Camping World within 10 minutes of opening on Saturday morning, and they call your house to see if you're OK.

. . . at home it's Pop Tarts, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and leftovers, but in the CG it's full breakfasts, porterhouse, boiled shrimp, and fresh sweetcorn.

OK, folks, let's hear some more!
669 REPLIES 669

pigtales
Explorer
Explorer
Mrs. Mik--I use camper as a generic term for all the camping trailers and motorhomes, too.

I know exactly what you mean about feeling jealous when you see someone headed camping when you're headed for work. I teach kindergarten. On the days I have an extremely severe case of wanttogocampingitis we read A Camping Spree with Mr. Magee at story time. The kids love the book so I can get by with it.

Klenger--I have pix of DH and DS in the same album--of course they're either inside of or in front of the camper.:B

Safe and Happy Camping to all!

Pigtales
2006 Jayco Jayflight 5th Wheel 27.5 RLS The Redneck Ritz
2006 F-350 Diesel Crew Cab Dually Big Bertha

Mrs__Mik
Explorer
Explorer
Pigtales -- not abnormal at all -- at least not to those of us with a camper! (I call them ALL campers!). When we're driving down the road, everyone in our family checks out other campers, even the kids! LOL

I'm not sure about the kids, but I'm sure jealous when I see one going down the road, especially when I'm on my way to our store! Working for myself means that I get even LESS time off than most folks, so it's doubly hard, and it's even worse when you consider I'm surrounded by RV parts & accessories all day long! :B :B :B I DO get comfort out of helping other folks enjoy their time in the great outdoors, though! ๐Ÿ™‚

Julie
See my profile for more information!

klenger
Explorer
Explorer
You have a picture of your 5th wheel and truck in your wallet, but not your wife or kids. (True)

Roughing if it is DirecTV without Tivo. (True)

You spend more on your generator than the price of a small car.

You check rv.net before you go to the bathroom when you wake up.

DakotaD
Explorer
Explorer
Al/Reeni wrote:
Oh yeah, here's another. . .

if you drink your first cup of coffee every morning sitting in front of the computer checking out RV.Net.

Keep 'em comin'!

I'm B U S T E D.......lol
...by His grace...

pigtales
Explorer
Explorer
I love these! Most all of them apply to me.

Mrs. Mik, my fiver picture is my computer wallpaper, too.

I always have to look back at the rig at least once, when walking across the parking lot.

When we stop to eat while traveling, I also try choose a restaurant table where I can see the rig while I'm eating.

This is probably seems really pathetic, but since I'm among friends I'll tell it anyway. In my purse I carry a small album of pix from when we took delivery of our fiver. We took delivery on March 4, 2006--thirteen months ago.

Whenever I drive down the road, I always take note of any RVs I see traveling. Whenever I have to go to Wally World (usually several times a week) I always check the lot to see if anyone is Wallydocking.

I probably need some sort of counseling--DH would definitely agree.:R But I've wanted a camper all my life. Now that God has blessed me with one, I intend enjoy to the fullest extent.:B

I'm glad to read other's posts in this thread. It reassures me that maybe I'm not so abnormal after all.

Safe and Happy Camping, Everyone!

Pigtales
2006 Jayco Jayflight 5th Wheel 27.5 RLS The Redneck Ritz
2006 F-350 Diesel Crew Cab Dually Big Bertha

Mrs__Mik
Explorer
Explorer
Al/Reeni wrote:
. . .the first picture in your wallet is of your rig.

Ha! I think I can do even better than that -- our rig is my WALLPAPER on my computer! LOL After all, I see that more than my wallet! :B :B :B (My kids are used to my obsession and forgive me.)

Al/Reeni wrote:
. . .when walking into a rest area or truck stop, you find it a physical impossibility to not stop half way across the parking lot, turn around, and stare at your rig for a second.

OH THANK GOODNESS! I thought I was the only one that did that! LOLOLOL

I really need to go camping! :B :B :B

Julie
See my profile for more information!

2Divers
Explorer
Explorer
IF....ya check the price of diesel before the value of your 401k every day...
Bill (Driver) ๐Ÿ™‚
BUCS (SCW) USNR Ret. :B
Helen (Navigator) :W

Furry Kitty Kids
Linus :C "Mr. Jealous" Lucy :Z "The Queen" Peaches :E "I'm so Shy"

2000 Country Coach Magna 40

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
These are a riot, very clever folks. It scares me how closely most of them hit home.

Here's a few more I thought of:

. . .the first picture in your wallet is of your rig.

. . .you've ever tried to change channels on the television in your RV with your hand held walkie-talkie.

. . .you've ever bandaged a cut finger with duct tape, after sterilizing it with vodka.

. . .you know more uses for WD-40 than the people that make it.

. . .you've actually referred to your wife in normal conversation as "DW".

. . .you wear a hat in the CG that you wouldn't be caught dead in anywhere else.

. . .when you have a nightmare, it usually involves "black streaks".

. . .when walking into a rest area or truck stop, you find it a physical impossibility to not stop half way across the parking lot, turn around, and stare at your rig for a second.

campergrl81
Explorer
Explorer
If.. you worry more about getting your cg reservations in ontime for the "best" spot than your house hold bills.

If.. your best part of the month is when you go to the mailbox and see that newest edition of Trailor Life, then read it all in one day and re-start the cycle once again.
our tiny little camper is being modified again to add a bunk for our little girl! pics in profile!

SHADOWMCPD
Explorer
Explorer
graywolf67...if the DW says your spending too much time on RV.NET wrote:

Guilty!!!

DW just came out of the bedroom and hit me on the head with this one!! Och!

Gotta go folks, and put on an Ice Pack before it lumps up:(

Buz2b
Explorer
Explorer
ReneeG wrote:
grannyapple3 wrote:
turninghawk wrote:
.......you spend $276,953 on a new RV, but stay at a Wal-Mart because you think $33 a night is too much for a campground!!

Oh My God ROFLMAO!!!!

OK, I'm not an RVer if I don't know what ROFLMAO means.

Rolling On the Floor Laughing My A** Off
2005 F-150, Factory Tow Package
2006 Keystone Z271 Zeppelin II
Bill, Pixie, Honeybun the rescue and our DOTL cat Pita

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
grannyapple3 wrote:
turninghawk wrote:
.......you spend $276,953 on a new RV, but stay at a Wal-Mart because you think $33 a night is too much for a campground!!

Oh My God ROFLMAO!!!!

OK, I'm not an RVer if I don't know what ROFLMAO means.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

grannyapple3
Explorer
Explorer
turninghawk wrote:

Oh My God ROFLMAO!!!!

Tarponteaser
Explorer
Explorer
If ...the first thing you and the DW/DH do after setting up is walk through the campground and look for a great spot to reserve for the next trip

If you spend hours sitting around thinking up ways to modify the camper...or look around for ideas at campgrounds

If... you feel envious going to work and seeing a rig heading down the road...wishing it was you...even though you just got back from a trip 2 days ago.

If your idea of a romantic dinner is citronella candle light under the stars listening to the wind in the treetops
2006 Centennial 3606
2008 F-250 4X4 PSD King Ranch Crew Cab

havedreamwilltr
Explorer
Explorer
IF

...your child's school science fair project is "Which toilet paper dissolves the best/fastest"

...you look for RV friendly gas stations - when your in your car.
2007 GMC Yukon Denali - 6.2L 380hp/417ft-lbs,0-60 in 6.2 seconds
2007 Jayco Jayflight 27BH
Equalizer Hitch, Prodigy Brake Control
Our Truck and Trailer
Easy Trailer Mods-NEW pics added 4/10/08

Visited a lot of states, haven't camped in many...yet. :W