cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping southwest of Syracuse,NY

bapple
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning on attending the World indoor lacrosse championship outside Syracuse in Sept and would like to camp. Does anyone know of a campground in the area? Thanks for your help.
3 REPLIES 3

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
bapple wrote:
We have a 34' 5th and would like full hook up since we will be there a week. I have checked some parks but they don't have good reviews. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I've visited Green Lake SP and really enjoyed it. Great scenery, hiking, water sports, and a nicely designed golf course. It's scheduled for upgrading and the last I heard one of the loops was due to be electrified and larger RVs admitted. Call the park directly to find out where they are up to. Close to the city which also means it's crowded on the weekends:

Green Lakes SP

This park is on my bucket list courtesy of a friend who enjoys staying there:

http://www.onondagacountyparks.com/parks/oneida-shores-park/camping/

Full hookup sites w/ 30 amp service and it's pretty quite in the time frame you are planning to be in the area.

HTH!

bapple
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 34' 5th and would like full hook up since we will be there a week. I have checked some parks but they don't have good reviews. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
bapple wrote:
We are planning on attending the World indoor lacrosse championship outside Syracuse in Sept and would like to camp. Does anyone know of a campground in the area? Thanks for your help.

What kind of camping will you be doing? Tenting or RVing? Do you want a full hook up site, partial or no hook ups? Preference for private or state/county?