cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Would like to see your camp site Signs

BubbaK
Explorer
Explorer
Our camp sign. Just a post to see some of the different signs y'all use when you go camping. If you don't have one, this may be something you would like to add to your next trip.
15 REPLIES 15

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
No, we have thousands of pictures of the places we go to, none of the sign.
I used a stencil to outline the letters and drew them on the plastic with a permanent marker. I have letters on a white background with a another colored border aroundit. You can get large pieces of plastic canvas and cut to size

We also go on long distace tent camping trips and I have the sign for that hanging from the arm of one of the chairs.

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Opie431 wrote:
I made ours out of plastic canvas needlepoint. Lots of people stop to look at at including several distant cousins who were camping at the same place.

Gotta picture?
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
I made ours out of plastic canvas needlepoint. Lots of people stop to look at at including several distant cousins who were camping at the same place.

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
BubbaK wrote:

Nice! we need to get one of those light poles.

Pretty simple to make. I used 3" PVC so it was large enough that the battery holder (for 8-AA batteries) would slip inside. It can also be plugged in to the RV battery. Comes apart (top and bottom pieces) so it is easy to store.
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

BubbaK
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.redwoodcountrysigns.com/
robsouth wrote:
I don't have a sign. I did not know I was supposed to. Where would one get a sign?
These are the people that did ours. Did a real nice job. If you are into making things on your own you sure can. But just gave you the link to check them out.

BubbaK
Explorer
Explorer
PenMan wrote:
Here's ours. It includes a battery powered led light.

Nice! we need to get one of those light poles.

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
Here's ours. It includes a battery powered led light.

Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
We don't have a sign but have posted in script on the back of our MH our name with a play on words; "Noe-body's Home"

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
mrkoje wrote:
You get them at the sign store ... :B

I figured someone would say "Here's your sign."
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

Mremdal33
Explorer
Explorer
We have always built our sign and holders. Some good PVC RV sign examples. They go together pretty easy if you know how to work with PVC. As for the sign itself it can be as simple as painting on wood or a more complicated wood carving design. It is what you make of it!

pfidahospud
Explorer
Explorer
Buy?!? Why not "make"? I had a fun afternoon project with the Dremel and the router attachment. Our sign

mark5w
Explorer
Explorer
Signs available at
http://www.craftvillage.com/browselarge.asp

http://stores.ebay.com/Whisperwood-Studio-Signs-of-Art?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Check em out.
'13 2018 JAYCO EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS- '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension

mrkoje
Explorer
Explorer
You get them at the sign store ... :B
RAPTOR 300MP
RAM 3500 MEGA CTD 4X4