Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MarCELL Temperature Power Alarm

ediemarie
Explorer
Explorer
model HS-500SL, MarCELL

wondering if anyone has any experience with this product. I've been looking for something that I can leave in the 5th along with the dogs to monitor the temperature and power.

if I understand what I've read, we won't need to have cellular coverage or Wi-Fi in a given area for this to still send a text message via the 'cloud.'

if all of this is true this is perfect for our needs.

any input is greatly appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10

ediemarie
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the input.

even with internet/Wi-Fi not sure I'd leave the dogs in the trailer for any period of time with the heat in Oklahoma right now!

safe travels - em

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
fpresto wrote:
ediemarie wrote:
if I understand what I've read, we won't need to have cellular coverage or Wi-Fi in a given area for this to still send a text message via the 'cloud.'

As others have said without cellular coverage or Wi-Fi there would be no way for this device to communicate with the "cloud"; nor would you be able to receive any text warnings. It "may" work with a weak cell signal but with no coverage it can't work. If you plan to be camping in an area without either Wi-Fi or cell service it would be a waste of money.

That's right.If you can make a cell phone call from your RV, then it will work. No Internet or Wi-Fi connection needed. Just plug the unit in an electrical outlet. That's it.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

ediemarie
Explorer
Explorer
well i'll just say that I'm not the most tech savvy.

fpresto
Explorer
Explorer
ediemarie wrote:

As others have said without cellular coverage or Wi-Fi there would be no way for this device to communicate with the "cloud"; nor would you be able to receive any text warnings. It "may" work with a weak cell signal but with no coverage it can't work. If you plan to be camping in an area without either Wi-Fi or cell service it would be a waste of money.
USN Retired
2016 Tiffin Allegro 32 SA

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
I bought the MarCell and so far very happy with it and easy to use. I have it in my house for now. Its kind of silly because it really never gets hot or cold where I live. I have a feeling the MarCell will work great in the motorhome when we have full hookups, dry camping we don't need it. I did create a power failure and our phones went off with text messages and emails saying Alert: Power is currently OFF and when the power was restored I got an alert power is restored. MarCell uses Verizon.

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
2naEagle wrote:
This looks like a good setup. I just don't like the monthly fees.
We have a Freeze Alarm system that has worked really good for us for many years.

Read this post
Freeze Alarm

The Freeze Alarm sounds good, too.
If I did get the MarCellI I probably would get the month to month plan. I believe It would cost me $30.00 for two months. I only need it 2 months out of the year.

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer
This looks like a good setup. I just don't like the monthly fees.
We have a Freeze Alarm system that has worked really good for us for many years.

Read this post
Freeze Alarm
2020 F350 Limited CCSB SRW
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

dturm
Regarding cell signals, I've found that texts go through many times when voice will not. Of course you have to have some kind of connection, but I think it's a better chance with texts, if you're willing to risk it.
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV

ryanw821
Explorer
Explorer
Neat looking device, but it will need cell signal where it's setup to send any messages, and you would need signal on your receiving phone wherever you are going to be to receive the messages, you will always need a connection of some kind to talk to the "cloud".

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking about buying the MarCell for next year. We had a power failure in Parker Arizona last week. Thank goodness we were in the motorhome when it happened and able to turn on the generator. The MarCELL Cellular Connected Monitoring System Information