cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2003 Monaco Exec with Essex KE1601 keyless entry issues

lbaldwin
Explorer
Explorer
My keyless entry system is givng me issues.

The red lights on the keypad are lit up bright and there is an alarm sounding (thankfully, not loud, but still irritating).

While I have the 'users guide from their web site - it does not give me any info on issues if red lights are on or 'alarm' is sounding.

Can I just 'unplug' the 12v power to the 'system' -- found where it is in passenger side rest under drink holder? OR will it 'activate' the locks - and lock the rig? Or can I attempt to reset the user code and try it?

DO not want to get locked out of OR in the rig.

I have not used it in the 3+ years we have owned the rig and DID not believe that it was working. DO NOT HAVE and did not get the combo!

Unit has a keypad outside front door as well as a key fob. I am currently unable to change the batteries in the key fob and suspect that it doesn't work as is.

Will try to call Essex on Monday.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lee
lee.baldwin.rv@gmail.com
2003 Monaco Exec
1 REPLY 1

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Your symptoms do indeed point to a defective Keypad. We just replaced a Essex brand on a 2004 Newmar Essex(not the same Essex as the keypad). Over $600 for just the Keypad. Not really worth replacing. But, the customer wanted it fixed. Doug