cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Air conditioner shroud

DIVE2XS
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2003 Holiday Rambler Presidential Travel Trailer. With it came a 15000 BTU air conditioner and the shroud is brittle with a hole in it.

I have looked and cannot find paperwork that came with the rig. Nor on the outside of the shroud on top of the rig.

1. How do I find the info that I need to replace the shroud? Do I need to take the old shroud off to find info on it under neigh?

2. I want a bolt on shroud not a riveted type one. Where can I find it for the best price?

Thanks!
2001 Suburban,8.1L engine, 4.10 rear end
2003 Holiday Rambler Presidental 32'
2 Honda 2000i generators
100 watt solar
Podogy Controler
8 REPLIES 8

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
You may be able to match up your shroud at the link below. I also recommend their shrouds as about the best available.

Air Conditioner Shrouds
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
First look through all your paperwork to see if there is any manufactures build sheet that identify the actual AC unit installed. Sometimes the sheet is attached to the inside of a cabinet or door, so look around.

If that fails, you can always go to the unit and remove the shroud. On the AC unit is an identification plate with all the info for that unit (make, model, amps, etc.). I strongly suggest if you reach this point to take a picture of that plate and keep it for future reference.

As for where to get a replacement, just about any RV supply house or center can get a generic, general or specific shroud to replace the one you have. many generic and general shrouds are designed to fit multiple models across several manufactures. Before ordering the shroud, make sure you understand the installation as different shrouds can use different methods. Some may be identified as fitting your unit but with a bit of research it could show that some slight alterations need to be made to fit exactly.

And you always have the option of taking it into a place and have them look and make recommendations. They may have several shrouds and can tell you which is easy for you to install yourself or if modifications can be a bear. It doesn't hurt to at least get a quote.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
When you find your make/model of AC, you might google PPL motorhomes, get their number, give them a call. They are a reliable parts supplier, and have a huge inventory. I got a replacement AC shroud from them. Knowledgeable, friendly, prompt service.

Jerry

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Both mine are brittle and cracked. Eternabond tape has held them together for years without any issues.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are a few pointers. YOu are not sure the make.

Remove the lower grill (The one on the ceiling) and shine a flashlight UP and see if there is a label.. It may be there or it may be topside under the shroud but if you find the label the manufacturer's name may be on it.

Now Vizone RV in KY (not sure about that e) if you happen to be near them (They are in southern KY off (I-75) they may be able to identify the Unit and even provide a used (or new) shroud..

They are ONE such facility. Look them up and see if there is a competitor near you once you know what you are looking at (RV Graveyard)

You can patch the hole with Eternabond if you like or if it's small GOOP.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Just go to Camping World. My friend bought a new one for his AC roof top unit on his 1974 Winnebago there, right off the shelf. If they had his, I'm sure they'll have yours.
2010 Suncruiser

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Canโ€™t help with part number. But be careful when removing old one. I replaced a broken one for a friend who was not physically capable of climbing on roof. Lifted up cover and out came the swarm of wasps. He ran and got a can of wasp and hornet spray. Nothing I could do but wait and dodge. Still canโ€™t believe I didnโ€™t get stung even once.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
DIVE2XS wrote:
I have a 2003 Holiday Rambler Presidential Travel Trailer. With it came a 15000 BTU air conditioner and the shroud is brittle with a hole in it.

I have looked and cannot find paperwork that came with the rig. Nor on the outside of the shroud on top of the rig.

1. How do I find the info that I need to replace the shroud? Do I need to take the old shroud off to find info on it under neigh?

yes. the make/model of the AC will be on the AC. if you still have it you can also check whatever paperwork came with the MH.

DIVE2XS wrote:
2. I want a bolt on shroud not a riveted type one. Where can I find it for the best price?

well, I'd start with the AC mfg and see what they can supply. beyond that you might hit up the RV salvage yards. one I know that has a HUGE inventory of RV parts is Colaw RV Salvage in Carthage, MO (SW Missouri)but there are others.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle