cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

air pressure loss

pashir
Explorer
Explorer
my '97 CC intrigue on a gillig chassis has a dashboard air pressure gauge with a red and a white needle. the red goes down to zero overnight and the airbags lose their leveling. where should I start looking for the leak? I hate to admit it but I've never changed the dessicant cartridge in the air dryer (in case that would have anything to do with it).
6 REPLIES 6

Fleet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
A tip on locating an air leak: get a several foot length of tubing from an old water hose or something similar and use it as a shade tree mechanic stethoscope to locate air leaks. Check all connections and places where the plastic air lines are not sufficiently insulated and could possibly rub through.
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H
Toad, '08 Ford Taurus X
Blue OX, Aventa
US Gear UBS

pashir
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the replies, guys
Paul

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
To check if the air dryer has failed, open each of the tanks DRAIN VALVES. If anything but clean, dry air comes out, the dryer has FAILED.

But, that may have caused your issue, but is unlikely to be the issue causing the leak.

Best advice, with proper jack stands in place, go under the coach with a spray bottle (kiddie bubbles and water are best). Spray every connection and valve. If it blows bubbles, fix it.

Yes, if the leak is large enough, as soon as you shut off the engine (i.e. air pressure at max/cut-out PSI) you may be able to hear the leak.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
If it is a fast leak once you pressurize you will more than likely be able to hear it. Or if not then soapy water in a bottle and start squirting all the fittings by the air tanks and at all the air lines and fittings.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Build up air pressure, turn off engine and crawl around and listen. You will find where the leak is.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Might have been better if you had posted in the right forum. I asked mod to move it for you.