Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another solar question.

JDsdogs
Nomad II
Nomad II

MPPT Solar Mate Charge controller 100V - 40A

I noted on the front of the controller that there was a Bluetooth symbol. 

Hmmm, must be an app for this thing. Of course, the user manual shows it in a photo of the controller face cover, but no mention of it anywhere.  A google search took me the the RV manufactures web site where there was a QR code to scan.  I scanned it at it took me to the the app store that had the app. Free, so downloaded it. 

Hope the photo of the app screen comes through. 

I have a pretty decent handle on what all the data means.  Just wonder if someone can tell me what “Soft PowerOn is?  It was on when I brought it up for the first time. Not even considering turning it off till I understand what it does / is for.  Thanks IMG_3907.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JDsdogs
Nomad II
Nomad II

To answer my own question.  A reply from Solar Mate.

The softpower function acts as power saving mode for the solar system/your battery. What it does, is prohibits the solar controller from powering on its screen/Bluetooth functionality when there is only battery power supplied to the controller, and no PV voltage coming from the panels. At night, or during poor solar conditions, you solar controller will not be drawing on your battery bank to power itself on.

Thank You,

Alex Fair

Alex Fair | Testing / Warranty Tech
Future Sales | Future Solutions
Phone | 574-262-3688 ext. 115
Email | Alexf@fsi-sales.com

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JDsdogs
Nomad II
Nomad II

To answer my own question.  A reply from Solar Mate.

The softpower function acts as power saving mode for the solar system/your battery. What it does, is prohibits the solar controller from powering on its screen/Bluetooth functionality when there is only battery power supplied to the controller, and no PV voltage coming from the panels. At night, or during poor solar conditions, you solar controller will not be drawing on your battery bank to power itself on.

Thank You,

Alex Fair

Alex Fair | Testing / Warranty Tech
Future Sales | Future Solutions
Phone | 574-262-3688 ext. 115
Email | Alexf@fsi-sales.com