cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Apollo by Toastmaster Microwave oven appears dead

kmb1966
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Toastmaster by Apollo Microwave oven (Over the Range style) and was using it without an issue when suddenly while opening the door, the light goes out, panel goes dark and microwave breaker tripped. Reset the breaker and the outlet comes back on, but the microwave is completely dead. no lights, no fan, no nothing.
Problem is this is an odd size microwave in a cabinet (22") and I'm not sure if it can be replaced very easily.
Are these units generally repairable? I realize it is cheaper to replace than repair but if you can't find a replacement due to the size, I am wondering if they can be repaired. Maybe just a fuse? but something caused it to trip the breaker, so I'm assuming it needs to be repaired.
17 REPLIES 17

kmb1966
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is a toastmaster by apollo model ad-13b
I don't know about Apollo Halftime. That's not what I have.

road-runner
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mine failed but didn't blow the breaker. The problem turned out to be cracked solder joints where a small transformer is soldered to the main board. So I was lucky to have an easy repair. Removing and reinstalling the oven from its hanging top mount, after removing some nailed-in cabinetry, was the worst part of the job. Getting the case off was the 2nd worst part.
2009 Fleetwood Icon

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Over the years, there have been LOTS of reports exactly like yours. Apparently, the Apollo Halftime Oven is known for that. The general consensus is to buy a quality microwave and replace it.

We were lucky, the Winnebago we bought in 2007 had one. When we sold the RV in 2017, it was still going strong. Apparently we were the exception.

Google the Apollo Halftime Oven (not just this forum) and read the reviews.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB