Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Atwood 6.2 used in Canada?

bedpan
Explorer
Explorer
Hey folks,

I have an older 89 Prowler trailer Park model that the hot water tank has started leaking. I am trying to track down a used heater to replace it with. Anyone know of any RV Scrappers in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) or up into the Kawartha's that might sell this type of thing?

I do have a line on a used tank for $100 (Canadian). Its a couple hour drive to get it though. Further I am concerned with the age of tank and corrosion that it maybe hard to take all the burners and electronics off the old one. Thoughts?

Many thanks in advance!

Mike
2 REPLIES 2

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
$100 for used?

That's just plain silly, it would kind of stink to find that you paid for it then installed it to only find out that the control is bad or it has damage to the tank that was hidden.

pony up for a bit more money and buy a new one, much better than fooling around with a used one that in many cases will need some TLC.

A new 6 gallon Pilot Atwood is not all that expensive..

You can get one HEREfor $265 US..

Alternately since you are talking about a Park model, perhaps consider buying a small home 120V electric tank instead. Granted you may need to upgrade your electric panel if it is only 30A but in the end might be well worth it.. 10 gallon 120V 2Kw electric is about $290 US at Home Depot

HERE

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Canada RV Salvage

Is this a 'pilot flame' model (you manually light)

Is this a gas model that has a electronic sparker?

6 gallon Atwood.........any 6 gallon Atwood will fit in same opening/space.
Just a matter of what you currently have vs what you replace with as to difficulty level----and costs

Same propane line....may need different fittings
DC Wiring if electronic
Ac Wiring if/etc if electric/propane combo

ALL Atwood tanks are aluminum alloy
Depending on where leak is..can be welded vs replaced
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31