cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bedroom Slide motor seems to be disengaged

Big_Kahunna
Explorer
Explorer
Hello All,... I have a 2011 Winnebago Sightseer 31E.

I ran the electric bedroom slide out and instead of running out tight and shutting off the slide went all the way out and the motor keeps running.

Now the bedroom slide won't come in or go out. I pulled the cover and can see the motor shaft turning but the slide doesn't move.

It appears the motor is disengaged from the gears??

Any info would be helpful
9 REPLIES 9

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
Good job! Thanks for the update.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Locktite (Greenin this case) may help hold it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Big_Kahunna
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all for your help and sugestions. turns out that the pin that goes through the collar on the main gear had come out (not snapped).
With no room to work we had to unbolt the slide mount and motor from the floor, manually push the slide in almost all the way and then tilt it to gain access to the gear and pin.
Even though I dont think the pin will come out again, I will have this looked at and replace the pin soon.

Thanks again for all the sugestions.

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is there a chance that something could have hit the motor. There should be on the motor a leveler with as I recall a black plastic cover. This is what they call the motor brake it's so if something happens you can disengage the motor and move the slide manually. If anything around it moved it could have disengaged the drive gear.
On my slide the motor connects to the rail gears with a square tube can you turn this tube with a wrench and get the slide to move in or out?
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Shaft turning, no movement, yes, most likely sheared pin. It should not be hard to replace, if decent access. Important to use proper strength replacement pin to protect the drive system. In an emergency, most anything that fits will get it working.

Jerry

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
What make and model I know two slides but there are 4 I"m fairly sure you do not have the 3rd on my list but if you have the 4th I can't help you

Power gear the motor turns a transmission. they can break, the transmission turns a round shaft. a square shaft fits over it with a 1/4 inch hear pin (Grade 8 bolt normally but can be a roll pin) the other end of the square shaft drives another round shaft, via another shear pin, this shaft drives the gear.. and you guessed it. another shear pin.

Accu-Slide the motor drives a transmission which drives a gear that pulls chains

HWH Hydraulic (You described a different system)

Sweintec (Just call me Shults.. I know nothing
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Big_Kahunna
Explorer
Explorer
It appears to be a Power Gear slide system. The broken shear pin idea sounds possible seeings as I can see the shaft turning but no movement of the slide.
Don't know if I want to open this up or call a mobile RV guy.

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
Might have busted a shear pin.
Whats the make/model of the slide? You need to dig up some documentation in the moho or web.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
Might have busted a shear pin.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH