cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CB Antena on Motor Home

MR_MAC
Explorer
Explorer
Do I need a special antenna because of the lack of metal, with all the fiberglass etc. construction 0r is there enough in the frame to send a signal,
ROBERT L MC INTYRE
6 REPLIES 6

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
edbehnke wrote:
put the antenna outside. anyway, who uses cb anymore?

I do. somebody here said you could get an ap for your smart phone to use it as a cb. I'm sure you have one of those. :s
bumpy

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Buy a NGP antenna. You'll be fine. Won't require a ground plane.

Google NGP CB antenna and you should come up with lots of choices.

I use NGP 2 meter antenna on a ladder mount for amateur radio and it works well.

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
If you get at least 1 of the mount bolts into the metal frame work of the rv, it will work reasonably well, ........maybe a little directional if mount is on one side.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Doesn't really matter who does or doesn't use it.. The OP asked a reasonable question.
There are antennas that require a ground plane in order to archive a good match and decent radiation, and there are others that perform well (not great) without a ground plane. A lot of truckstop CB shop guys have been doing this since the 70's and know what works where and can either show you loaded ground-plane less antennas, or sell you metal tape to build your own ground plane on the roof. The problem is finding one...

If you want a mediocre to flat poor performance, just hang anything up there.
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

janechucknicode
Explorer
Explorer
Mrr.Mac, use any type of antenna you can get to mount. There are brackets at any truck stop store and if the, mirror can hold it install it on there.

Good luck with that!
Chuck

edbehnke
Explorer
Explorer
put the antenna outside. anyway, who uses cb anymore?
eddie and sandie
3402 Montana 2013
Ford F350 2015