cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coleman Mach zc thermostat showing opposite temperature

fvrs7189
Explorer
Explorer

I have an older coleman mach zc 2 zone system.  I have noticed that the rear of the coach is much colder than the front and I keep adjusting the thermostat in the zones.  Zone 1 does control the zone 1 a/c unit and zone 2 controls zone 2 a/c unit.  Yesterday I got my temperature gun and noticed that even though the zones correctly handle the respective a/c unit the temp sensor readings seem to be backwards.  The thermostat was showing 75 in zone 1 , but when i checked the temp at the sensor it was 80.  Zone 2 showed 80 on the thermostat, but the temp at the sensor was 75.  My first thought was that the sensors were reversed, but it appears that the sensors attach to the control boards in the intake of each unit.  due to the locations, I don't think they would have swapped those.  Could the issue be the thermostat is malfunctioning? or is the issue somehow crossed sensors?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II

That sounds odd, but I wonder if it was more like a coincidence that the numbers seemed to be perfectly reversed. Like could the zone 1 section of the coach be parked in the sun and the zone 2 section is in the shade? It seems that something like that would cause the sensors to read weird compared to what you would expect.,

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup