Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracked Rim-what now?

drillagent
Explorer
Explorer
Hey All,
So I noticed that one of the rims on my 2012 Keystone Montana 3750FL is cracked. How do I find a matching rim? Where’s the best place to look in a hurry? How far can the spare rim go? I’m about to start a 3,000 mile journey. Thanks
TV: 2012 F250 CC SB SRW 6.7L Diesel w/air lift suspension
CHU: 2012 Keystone Montana 3750FL
Hitch: B&W Turnover Ball w/ Companion 3500
Family: Me, HH6, a Boston Terrier, a Shiba Inu
18 REPLIES 18

drillagent
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all for the info. The wheel seems to be made by Sendel. I can’t tell which model, but I’ve sent the company a message. Thanks again for all the great responses.
TV: 2012 F250 CC SB SRW 6.7L Diesel w/air lift suspension
CHU: 2012 Keystone Montana 3750FL
Hitch: B&W Turnover Ball w/ Companion 3500
Family: Me, HH6, a Boston Terrier, a Shiba Inu

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
Carl n Susan wrote:
Your rims came from Tredit. They are guaranteed for life. That rim is no longer made. If you call them they will replace it (and usually it's neighbor to preserve the same look) with an option to buy 2 more (for the other side) at a reasonable cost. Not an uncommon problem described in detail on the free to join Montana Owners Club web site (montanaowners.com)

First thing I would look up Tredit as mentioned above and see about getting a replacement pair.

Then I would put on the spare and take a chance on not getting a flat during the trip. As to your other question, the spare will last just as long as the rest of the wheels.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
I certainly would NOT cancel a trip if the wheels didn't match.
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
I found an exact match for my Jayco at King of Wheels .it was an aluminum 16 and was $105 including 2day shipping.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not any help, but yeah, I've got the fancy aluminum wheels on the rig and the spare is just a steel white spoke wheel.. Same tire as the rest, but not the same wheel!

Dunno what I would do to replace a wheel on my rig? I think mine are kinda standard 5 spoke aluminum wheels so might not be as specific as yours..

Good luck!

Mitch

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

whiteeye42
Explorer
Explorer
henderson wheel and tire in salt lake city ut.
Me,Wife two boys and two dogs
2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 DRW 6.7 cummins
2008 Jayco Eagle 341 RLQS 37' with B&W turnover ball & companion hitch
using rotochoks
add state map

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Probably true, but as an example: I had a bad rim on my F350 truck that delayed us 10 days this summer. It was surprising hard to find one locally, the dealers could get one at $700 ea. None of the junk yards or tire dealer had them. I finally ordered online and got one for $125. Shipping time was a PITA but I suspect the Ford dealer would of ordered one themselves. Took 4 or 5 days as I recall.

So yes the Montana dealer can get one but be prepared to pay for the privilege.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
FYI, I just did a Google search on your year and model of Montana. I have a 2019 Montana High Country 375FL. Looking at the photos of your model, it looks like the same wheel rims hasn't changed for a few years. Check with your nearest Montana dealership. I'm sure they can get one for you that will match the other 3 on the ground.

FYI, my spare tire rim is all white, the 4 on the ground are the pretty aluminum ones. I certainly understand why you don't want to run on the spare tire any longer than necessary. We had a blow out this Summer and I put the white rimmed tire on the ground. Although functionally, it was a perfect fit, aesthetically, it looked horrible next to the pretty aluminum polished one.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
You don't have to take the cracked wheel off the camper to figure out the correct rim. Just look at the spare tire. The same rim size should be stamped on the back of it too.

For an immediate response, I'd check with my local RV dealership, or wherever you purchased the Montana from (if from a dealership). Second, I'd check with Discount Tires. Once you have the numbers off the back of the rim, you can call around different tire shops in your area and see what they say.

Another option, if anything exists in your area is an RV salvage yard. Google is your friend there.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Trekwood shows two different wheels for that year Montana. You might check with them.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Carl_n_Susan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Your rims came from Tredit. They are guaranteed for life. That rim is no longer made. If you call them they will replace it (and usually it's neighbor to preserve the same look) with an option to buy 2 more (for the other side) at a reasonable cost. Not an uncommon problem described in detail on the free to join Montana Owners Club web site (montanaowners.com)
Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Might think of buying a matched pair of the same size if you can't match what you have. Unless you point it out nobody looks at both sides of the trailer at the same time...

Itinerant1
Explorer
Explorer
Once you take the wheel off the trailer you might find all the info you're after about the rim.

Something like this stamped in.

12v 500ah, 20 cells_ 4s5p (GBS LFMP battery system). 8 CTI 160 watt panels (1,280 watts)2s4p,Panels mounted flat. Magnum PT100 SCC, Magnum 3012 hybrid inverter, ME-ARC 50. Installed 4/2016 been on 24/7/365, daily 35-45% DOD 2,500+ partial cycles.

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
You have not provided any description of the rim (steel, alloy, or?) or the damage. (pics) Under some circumstances, if not available, rims can be repaired with a short turnaround, (< days) but that should ONLY BE DONE BY QUALIFIED PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. References required. As others have mentioned, buying a new identical rim is your best option, if possible. Google is your friend.

Chum lee