cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic gas water heater problem

Terapin
Explorer
Explorer
After it heats the water, the DSI light comes on. I am assuming I'm now locked out. I simply turn it off and when I need hot water, I turn it on. Sometimes it burns long and I have hot water. Sometimes it burns short and I have warm water. Regardless once the long or short burn is done, it turns off and the DSI light comes on. I checked the eco and thermostat. Took off the gasket to make sure seated properly against the water heater. Still getting long or short inconsistent burns usually just giving me warm water. Now I'm thinking replacing the control panel. Should I try that?
4 REPLIES 4

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Terapin wrote:
Dometic WH-6GA
It's in a 2022 Keystone Travel trailer

You are under warranty. Why pay for a repair part? Your year and model was not part of the defective Ciorcuit Boards. Doug

Terapin
Explorer
Explorer
Dometic WH-6GA
It's in a 2022 Keystone Travel trailer

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
It is a hell of a lot cheaper to replace the ECO/Tstat kit, than a Circuit board. Unless you are checking for 12 volts thru both the ECO and Tstat when the malfunction occurs. Now, you don't state year model. Atwood/Dometic from a few years ago from about 2018 to 2020 had defective Circuit Boards, that were changed out under the warranty period. Intermittant operation was the problem. Doug

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Sounds like a circuit board issue to me. I would remove it and get it tested. Or just buy and install a new one.
2010 Suncruiser