cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic replacing my a/c under warranty with different unit?

rsaylor3
Explorer
Explorer
So I have travel trailer we bought new January of 2015. It came with a dometic brisk air 2. It cooled the coach just fine even in our Florida. No problems with it until I turn it on Sunday and no cold air.

So the tech came out today and did his tests and found it needs to be replaced. Said they had a bad batch of these models that were going bad. He calls dometic and they said they don't have any of my units available so they are sending me a High Performance model at no additional cost. The tech said this would push much more air and I should be thrilled.

So my question to you, should I be thrilled? Hard to find anything about the HP model in their website now, but found they used to have it. Looking at stats it doesn't look that much different in air movement.

Anyone have experience with these ?
8 REPLIES 8

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
I'm pretty sure you will be getting a US built product rather than the China built BriskAir II. They have had material quality issues on the China built units.
-- Chris Bryant

rsaylor3
Explorer
Explorer
They are here putting in the new unit. It is a dometic 541916.

Hopefully it is as good and not any louder than my old unit...

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
smkettner wrote:
If Doug says it is a good replacement you should have no worries on the hardware.
X2
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
If Doug says it is a good replacement you should have no worries on the hardware.

rsaylor3
Explorer
Explorer
It is currently a 15k. The new will also be a 15k, but he called it a high performance model. Better than mine and moves more air. I just can't find where they make anything better at this time. If it is an older model of the High Performance, should I be worried or excited?

Searched and found nothing other than starts on the HP model they made. looks to be a model 541916.

I emailed demotic to verify and the tech said the unit would be here in a couple days as it was being shipped from SC.

belairbrian
Explorer
Explorer
Is the Brisk Air 2 you have a 13.5K or a 15K?
TV 2007 Chevy 2500 Long Box Vortec 8.1/Allison or 2016 Tundra Crew Max 5.7L 4x4
2022 Freedom Express 192RBS
Equalizer 4 way WDH, Prodigy 3 BC
USAF Retired
WAR EAGLE

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
You will be better off
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The HP designation by Dometic is because they could not certify these units as 15 k BTU units. They are just slightly less than 15 k, so they call them HP models. You are getting a good deal. Air movement is about the same on all models. Doug