cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic Royale stopped working on shore power...

letssay
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,
I had hoped to make a happier post since we just got this unit, downsized and thrilled. Its a 2003 Coach House with the Dometic Royale model RM 3663. Our first trip out on Friday, fridge worked fine on gas to cool it and DC while traveling but when we plugged it in at the campsite all the lights went off on the panel and we could never get it on again, even on gas or DC. We have a surge protector and it indicates that the power coming in was fine and everything else in the coach worked as expected. We looked at all the fuses and checked the connections on the inside that you get to from the outside of the unit. The only thing that I did differently, which really shouldn't have any effect, was I turned the temperature up from 4 to 5 before we plugged in because we really hadn't turned the unit on early enough before our trip and we had just bought all the food on the way. Any suggestions? We bought the unit a week ago Wednesday and did buy a Good Sam ESC but I hate to make a claim so soon and I do hope the collective knowledge here can help. Thanks in advance. Oh, and the test/reset switch doesn't go back in. It should stay in when I pull down the reset switch right?
There's no place like home; that's why we take ours with us :B

Enjoy your day!
2005 36' Discovery DP
1 happy husband
1 cool dog (Bradley Yeahbutt) and
Dr. Baxxter Peabody PHD waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
2 REPLIES 2

letssay
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Old-Biscuit,
As soon as this rain storm passes, we'll try that.
There's no place like home; that's why we take ours with us :B

Enjoy your day!
2005 36' Discovery DP
1 happy husband
1 cool dog (Bradley Yeahbutt) and
Dr. Baxxter Peabody PHD waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
The fridge needs a continuous 12V DC power supply......for 120V AC, propane & DC operation.
No panel lights....no DC power.

On back of fridge lower left area next to the 120V AC cord is were DC + and - leads plug in. Check that you have 12V DC at those leads.
IF no 12V DC......check for blown fuse in DC Dist. Panel

IF yes 12V DC....unplug 120V AC cord and the 12V DC leads (mark them so that you don't reverse the leads when you plug back in!!)
Remove module cover and check the 3A fuse...that is for the DC control circuit (5a fuse is for AC element...35A fuse is for DC element)

Got to have 12 DC before anything will work
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31