Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

EPDM bubbling

campingsaxplaye
Explorer
Explorer
Good afternoon,

Yesterday I used Dicor 501LSW-1 Self-Leveling Lap Sealant to cover older sealant over the rear termination bar at the back of the trailer. The screws were beginning to protrude and some cracking was developing. Today when I went to check on it after curing I noticed that the entire length of the back of the EPDM has bubbled about a half inch to an inch along the entire length. Is this something to be concerned about? Before I started, I did notice that the EPDM was loose along the side corners of the back where the original sealer is and is loose along the sides of the trailer where the EPDM bends over the sides and is under the side termination bar. I assume that is normal to the installation. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Matt
5 REPLIES 5

campingsaxplaye
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the reply! That is what I thought after reading a few posts about it happening, but then smoothing out after it fully cures over a week. It was a bit worrisome looking to say the least. The dealership that we bought it from used, slathered a ton of it over the front cap, skylight and vents. So much so, that it filleted in a couple of places bringing it home to DFW from Tulsa.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
EPDM bubbling is normal when Dicor is used. Doug

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Can you post a pic?
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Admin
Done
Admin
RV.net

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
You might consider asking a moderator to move this post to the appropriate sub-forum. This one is for help posting on, or technical issues with, the forum.
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015