cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford F53 chasses electrical - turn signals

Ralphe
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2000 Fleetwood class A and the turn siglans quit working. I read the previously posted problems and sugestions. I replaced all three relays, took the turn signal assembly all apart, cleaned all contacts, put new electrical grease on and re installed. Still nothing worked. bought a new turnsiglan control from Ford. Still doesn't work. But I thought I saw a light on dash start to work when I was moving turn lever back and forth. Then I started playing with it.

If I have my foot on brake, have the emergency flasher depresed and just start to move turn lever to eather side the light will come on on the dash for the turn side I have chosen. It will not flash and the lights will come on out side. If I take my foot off brake the light will go out. If I keep my foot on brake and turn off the emergency flashers the light will go off. If I move the lever all the way to the full ingage position nothing happens. Anyone have any work able solutions? Ralphe
10 REPLIES 10

Ralphe
Explorer
Explorer
I want to thank everyone for their responses, The problem is solved. Seems as one of the relays that I purchased from Napa was faulty. There is no way to test them, you just have to try them. upon changed that one (out of three) everything is working again. Thanks again to everyone. Ralphe

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
Moved from Class A forum.
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

Ralphe
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Golden HVAC I have replaced the flasher relay for the turnsignals already. the turn signas are not suposed to work when the emergency signals are turned on but I can only get a light on my dash when they are turned on and I have my foot on the brake. even then nothing flashed. but as I make the light go on and off I can hear the flasher click. Aganin thanks Ralphe

happy-2
Explorer
Explorer
My 99 southwind did the same thing, I had to replace the turn sig switch.

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
After a careful re-read, I am starting to think that the emergency flasher switch might be the problem, but that is just throwing parts at it.

I also like the idea of checking for the connection at the end of the steering column.

You might want to check another 2000 MY Ford motorhome, and see if the turn signal works at the same time as the emergency flasher is on. If it does not work, then the problem that I would be looking at is the emergency light switch.

Good luck,

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

Don_s_Lock
Explorer
Explorer
Ignition switch controls power to lights etc ,it's on the side of the colum?
Just a thought.
Don
2016 Ford Focus
2013 Georgetown 335

Ralphe
Explorer
Explorer
Stearing collom goes down through floor with all wires inside. I will check for a plugin connection there. Ralphe

Don_s_Lock
Explorer
Explorer
Could be a connector behind dash?
Don
2016 Ford Focus
2013 Georgetown 335

Ralphe
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you had about as much problem as I have but yes my brake lights work and I did replace the thurn signal flasher relay. and my cruise control still works. any other sugestions. everything was working fine when I parked it in March. I have a cat that likes to sleep under it all the time so I don't think it is mice. Ralph

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Is the brake light working?

When I had my exhaust system installed, I found that the cruise control was not working on the way home. My RV was only about 13 months old, and I was upset that it broke. When I got home, I discovered that the emergency flashers had been left on by the mechanic who parked my RV in front of their shop, while I was doing the paperwork to pay the bill.

Turning off the emergency flashers allowed the cruise control to work fine, and I have had no further problems with CC over the past 15 years. I did have to replace the turn signal flasher relay, and have had no problems with it's replacement in 15+ years.

My emergency flashers stopped working when the flasher relay was not working, so replacing it, and the emergency flashers worked normally.

So I guess I would ask

Do brake lights work?

Did you replace the round turn signal flasher relay?

Does your cruise control still work?

Good luck,

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com