cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Freezer to cold

mdock2
Explorer
Explorer
Any ideas as to why the freezer would start getting so cold that the food inside bags have started icing up. Have cut it down as low as possible without causing refrigerator from getting to warm.....Have been in cool weather for the past month in the northeast....

thanks
Marty (KI4NAI)& Shirley
1998,38' DutchStar F/L Cat

MEMBERSHIPS
FMCA
Bits & Bytes,
Elks International (Webmaster)
FCCC
PPA (Life Member)
Moose
ARRL-ARES
National Park Travelers Club
Visited 158 National Parks
Places we've slept since 2007
19 REPLIES 19

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Kiwi_too wrote:
TXiceman wrote:
Frost in the freezer bags does not mean the freezer is too cold. That is simply moisture from the food that had frozen.

Ken

X2

X3
Air in storage bags has moisture and it will ice up

A faulty or fallen down thermistor (temp sensor in food section) would cause items (milk, eggs, vegetables etc.) in food section to freeze.

Also you being in cold area refrigerator is more efficient at changing ammonia coolant state (liquid to vapor to liquid) so it stays a lot cooler.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
TXiceman wrote:
Frost in the freezer bags does not mean the freezer is too cold. That is simply moisture from the food that had frozen.

Ken

X2

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it has a Thermistor to input temp info to the logic board... A poor or unplugged connection will cause the board to command full cooling. A "failed open" thermistor also will.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
The temperature sensing device may have become dislodged. Some are mounted to the fins in the back of the fridge part.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot