Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Halogen Lights

hogbob
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I have 2005 Mountain Aire. Three of my round, recessed halogen lights that aim straight down have gone out. But I can't find the wattage on the blubs.

Thank you for any help. Kenny
5 REPLIES 5

Garry_Gayle
Explorer
Explorer
The info for the bulbs should be marked on the light fixture, may have to pull the fixture from the ceiling to see it though.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I seem to recall a lot of those bulbs being 20 watts. Anything larger gets too darned hot.

SooperDaddy
Explorer
Explorer
** Also contact RV.Net forum member "Dennis M M", he ownes the same year and I believe model as you! **
My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen. :W

SooperDaddy
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't have the owners manual, and the bulbs don't have the bulb number stamped on the base or inked on the bulb..you'll have to try Camping World. 1141 and 1156 are common RV light bulbs. Tweeties RV has a website with light bulb pitures.
My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen. :W

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Double check them in some bright sunlight with a magnifying glass. In the worst case, take one to HD or Lowes and match up the base pins and if they come in more than one wattage, choose a medium wattage. Only by one, take it back to the MH and see how it compares with the bulbs that are still working. This isn't the easiest way to do it, but it will work.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.