cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Honda EU3000is

10ptbuck
Explorer
Explorer

I have a Honda EU3000is that starts with the pull rope and runs great but when using the key start it will turn over but no spark going to the plug. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

@10ptbuck wrote:

I have a Honda EU3000is that starts with the pull rope and runs great but when using the key start it will turn over but no spark going to the plug. Any ideas?

It's time to replace the starting battery that came with the Honda. 

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

Nope, itโ€™s most likely a bad ignition switch that is grounding out the spark (effectively turning the key โ€œoffโ€) when the switch is engaged to start. 
I have a 4 wheeler that does similar except itโ€™s the 3rd position that turns on the headlights that kills the engine. 
same principle. 
Unplug and manually jump the wires to start, to confirm or just replace the switch if itโ€™s not too spendy. 

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator

Battery? Pull start relies on muscle. Key start relies on a battery. 

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Is the battery charged? It's possible there is a minimum crank speed to generate a spark.

If the key is a three position Off Run Start, it's possible the switch is bad and loses the run signal wen in the start position.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup