cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How can I tell what size AC I have?

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
We ordered a 15K BTU AC with on our TT but how do I verify what I got?
I've taken off the inside filter covers but there's no info there. I'd take off the shroud but there's a solar panel affixed to the ttop of it and unless I have to, I don't want to mess with it.
The manual that came with it just states it an AirXcell 48000 but I *think* it could be either a 13.5 or bigger.

Thanks in advance.
Scott
17 REPLIES 17

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Scott, If you "dont trust anybody", will anything anyone on here could tell you ever relax your worries?
I have a feeling the best use of your time would be in going up top and getting the serial and model #'s off the unit and putting the question to bed.
Not being snarky, but,,,,,Would anything else satisfy you at this point?
The question is in your head, how else can you eject it?

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
kerrlakeRoo wrote:
Short of taking the top off thhe unit, you may have to rely on what your paperwork says, I guess you could try calling the mfr and asking what was installed based on serial # for the TT.

I suppose I have a bit of paranoia here but something strange happened during the delivery of our trailer...
When I got on the roof to inspect it, I found a broken off vent stack cover laying loose and a brand new cover installed (didn't match the other one on the roof) - the caulk was still wet. This is in the middle of my roof. I don't know how it could have been broken unless it was just tripped over.
It's a stretch but I'm concerned that what ever hit it took the AC with it and it may have been replaced. There's no other signs of damage anywhere.
I should add that this is a VERY reputable dealer but I don't trust anyone..

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Short of taking the top off thhe unit, you may have to rely on what your paperwork says, I guess you could try calling the mfr and asking what was installed based on serial # for the TT.