Nomad III
Nomad III
Thermoguy wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:
RLS7201 wrote:
Hope this works.

Li-S Batteries.

Richard

here is the solution already ready. I am just hoping eventualy you will be able to get a smaller one but if you have the money or want to finance it for 99 bucks a month, they ship out within the next 4 to 5 months.

Solid state

$20K - to $70K per unit - where do I sign up? Preorder only.... so not ready yet.. OK.

I'm surprised this is still Lithium. There are other materials that are not here yet, but also not Lithium that sound more promising. And shouldn't be $70K...

ya it is and isn't it has Li in it but it is a solid state battery. 11000 cycles at full discharge unimited shallow discharge, life time warenty, operates between -40C and 55C ( even PT would be able to use this one) no risk of thermal runnaway (even though normal LiFePO4 is very stable also) and you can finance for 99 per month for basicly a 1000AH battery. ya I agree a bit pricy but probably because there one of the first to market with this big of a solid state. also don't forget this is a 48v unit so not realy practical unless you use some fancy equipment... it is preorder but like I said it will be ready to ship first quarter next year so 1.5 to 5 months. with more compition I would expect this to drop down to about 1/2 that price. the exciting thing is this kind of battery wasnt expected to be on the market for another 5 to 10 years at this kind of capacity. like LiFeP04 I do expect prices to drop fairly quickly battle born was 2000 for a 100ah battery when it fitst came out now we see that range between 3-500 bucks once others jumped into the game.
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Reading the linked article I see a few red flags. but.. Sometimes those flags go away after more research..

1: It is working far better than they expected
2: They do not know why.. (BIG FLAG).

They need to know what they did right.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
RLS7201 wrote:
Hope this works.

Li-S Batteries.

Richard

Here is a company in WA making Li-Silicon batteries:

Group 14

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
StirCrazy wrote:
RLS7201 wrote:
Hope this works.

Li-S Batteries.

Richard

here is the solution already ready. I am just hoping eventualy you will be able to get a smaller one but if you have the money or want to finance it for 99 bucks a month, they ship out within the next 4 to 5 months.

Solid state

$20K - to $70K per unit - where do I sign up? Preorder only.... so not ready yet.. OK.

I'm surprised this is still Lithium. There are other materials that are not here yet, but also not Lithium that sound more promising. And shouldn't be $70K...

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
RLS7201 wrote:
Hope this works.

Li-S Batteries.

Richard

Solid state
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Thanks for the informative link!
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.