cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Melted relay base inside 12 Volt Distribution Panel

StevenEDan
Explorer
Explorer
Help I have a 1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor with a melted relay base. Itโ€™s located in the 12 Volt Distribution Panel area. This is located on driver side compartment. It holds 6 1207866 relays. No one knows what the relay base is called or a part number. I have a photo of relay block if this would help. Freightliner said itโ€™s not theirs and Holiday Rambler just scratch their heads.
15 REPLIES 15

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
OK, The pics show the CHASSIS side Fuse block assbly. 1999 HR we will assume it is a ROADMASTER chassis. The Fuse blocks look just like Freightliner Fuse blocks and hopefully Monaco(Roadmaster) used the same supplier for the chassis harness and fuse blocks that Freightliner used. The problem with the current version of Monaco is, MOST of their help were probably not born when some of the older Monaco/HR's were built:B So, they have no knowledge of Roadmaster or any other older systems that the original Monaco/HR had. Maybe if you approached the problem by taking the pics to Freightliner and attempting to cross reference a 1995 to 1999 chassis harness Fuse block you may get some help. Doug

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Try calling these people. Send them your photo. They may have the portion you need.
Colaw

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at your picture, I am sure that these are the Freightliner chassis relays.

These are temporarily strapped to the bare chassis by Freightliner and placed in the final location by the coach builder. These look like the same blocks as we had in our 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor. If we still had the coach I would go look for a number on the block but we have sold the coach.

If you have the cover for the damaged relay block, you will find a chart on the inside of the cover showing what the damaged relay should control.

I suggest that you call the Freightliner Help Desk at 1-800-FTL-HELP or 1-800-385-4357 and have the last 6 digits of your vin number available.

The help desk is a free service. The technician will be able to look at the wiring diagram for your exact chassis, and should be able to tell you the part number for that relay block. Freightliner parts at 1 864 206-8584 should be able to help you with the replacement part once you have the part number. I have not used the parts phone number in 2 years, but it is probably still the same.

I hope the above info will help.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

Moved from FORUM POSTING HELP AND SUPPORT

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like three relays need a work around.
Three relays and their sockets, wired into the existing harness and tie wrapped to the harness. Figuring out the wiring would be the hard part.
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
You might be looking at a custom build to put that back together.

The relays should be fairly common and wire them to a terminal strip.
Keeping the wiring straight will be a bit tedious.

Examples or build your own:
https://ceautoelectricsupply.com/custom-relay-panels/

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nobody ever answers my question about this.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

StevenEDan
Explorer
Explorer
You can see the melted relay base and in the lower right another base which is not damaged. No one seems to know what this is.

StevenEDan
Explorer
Explorer

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Use the link I posted to upload. When complete it will give you some code to post. Just copy / paste the text it gives.

StevenEDan
Explorer
Explorer
Having a hard figuring out how to attach a pic.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad

StevenEDan
Explorer
Explorer
No other other number on relay. The relay appears to be a common one.
I chose the forum because of the โ€œ Good Samโ€ logo.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Before you go, tell us how you ended up in this particular forum. We're trying to figure out how people choose (or don't choose) this one over many others with more relevant titles.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman