cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Napa 24 RVS Batteries?

jrnymn7
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone familiar with these... like their Ah rating and such?

Thanks!
27 REPLIES 27

jrnymn7
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Red,

The Napa 24 rvs seem to resemble the deka dp24's, cca 550, mca 685, but the 20 hr rating (on the deka's) is only 65Ah. Seems kinda low?

red31
Explorer
Explorer
From JCI
Here are the Ratings on the Energizer 24 DC :
CCA: - 550
MCA - 675
RC - 140
AH - 76

I think napa carries Deka/east penn
http://www.wholesalebatteries.net/PDF/Deka%20Marine%20Master%20Specs%20(June%202009).pdf

jrnymn7
Explorer
Explorer
BFL13 wrote:
jrnymn7 wrote:
Thanks, Ron,

Yes, the batts in question resemble the specs given for interstate SRM-24's

The SRM-24's are rated at 5a for 16.4 hrs, so I'm assuming that means an Ah rating of 82?

AH is supposed to be at the 20 hr rate so if 82AH the rate would be 4.1a. It is true that at 5a it would last less than 20 hrs but Peukert would say how many. Different batteries types have different Peukerts though. ISTR mena has a table for all this.

Yeah, I wasn't sure how to do the conversion to 20 hrs, or if it was even necessary. We really just need to know the Ah rating for determining soc and charging rate/times. I guess the owner could figure that out using an Ah counter and V readings.

The consensus here seems to be in the 80-85Ah range.

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
As wa8yxm said, GCs match the footprint of group 24s and give a lot more bang for the buck. Or at least a lot more bang! We replaced 4 Les Schwabe group 24s with 4 242 AH Golfcarts and are extremely happy with the change. It needed a little metal work to get them to fit but worth the effort. It depends of course how much off grid camping you do. IIRC, the group 24s were listed at 80 AH. so we went from 320 to 484 AH. Of course in reality only half of that should be used.

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
As wa8yxm said, GCs match the footprint of group 24s and give a lot more bang for the buck. Or at least a lot more bang! We replaced 4 Les Schwabe group 24s with 4 242 AH Golfcarts and are extremely happy with the change. It needed a little metal work to get them to fit but worth the effort. It depends of course how much off grid camping you do.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure, but this might be the table that pianotuna posted in this discussion thread:

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26547672/srt/pa/pging/1/page/2.cfm

Here's the table:

http://www.39pw.us/car/batteryTable.html
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

mena661
Explorer
Explorer
BFL13 wrote:
ISTR mena has a table for all this.
If I only knew where that was. :S

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
jrnymn7 wrote:
Thanks, Ron,

The SRM-24's are rated at 5a for 16.4 hrs, so I'm assuming that means an Ah rating of 82?

AH is supposed to be at the 20 hr rate so if 82AH the rate would be 4.1a. It is true that at 5a it would last less than 20 hrs but Peukert would say how many. Different batteries types have different Peukerts though. ISTR mena has a table for all this.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

jrnymn7
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Ron,

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
jrnymn7 wrote:
Anyone familiar with these... like their Ah rating and such?

Thanks!

I don't know the specific answer to your question but they should be very similar to something like the Interstate 24s. There's not a big variance in the common RV/Marine 24 series batteries.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Call NAPA and ask weight. 46 lbs is around tops for flooded group 24
rv batteries.

jrnymn7
Explorer
Explorer
Just trying to get specs on them, for someone who has a pair, thanks.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Group 24 are about 75 amp hour give or take a couple amp hours (C/20 rate)

if your battery tray is DEEP enough a GC-2 pair will fit in the same space as a Group 24 pair, and give you 220-230 amp hours, a bit heavier but you go from 150 amp hours of MARINE/deep cycle to 230 amp hours of TRUE DEEP CYCLE and that is a major bump in power storage.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times