cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need pic of battery connection in Greyhawk 29KS - pls help

Just_Jeff
Explorer
Explorer
Hi - I just got my upgraded battery box welded in and I love it...but they forgot to mark which wires attach to positive and negative, and I didn't take a picture beforehand.

So...I have three terminals that need to be connected to the batteries somehow...
- One terminal has two wires on it, about 4 ga each
- One terminal has 2ga wire
- One terminal has 2ga wire with tape on it...pretty sure this is the negative

Anyone know which terminals go to the positive and negative posts?

If anyone with a Greyhawk 29KS can post up a pic of their battery terminals, I'd be forever grateful. I'll even spring for your beverage of choice if we ever meet up! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks!
2013 Jayco Greyhawk 29KS (31.5') - details at http://www.rv.tothewoods.net/
2 REPLIES 2

Just_Jeff
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome...thanks for that. I'll be more sure doing it that way than looking at a picture anyway. I'm just getting in to all this, so I have a meter but I'm not sure about all the uses yet.
2013 Jayco Greyhawk 29KS (31.5') - details at http://www.rv.tothewoods.net/

HiTech
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a volt-ohm meter? The one(s) with almost 0 ohms resistance (with the meter set to measure ohms) when you touch one probe to the terminal and the other probe to exposed metal on the RV frame is/are "-".

Sometimes you can just trace the wire to the frame as well. Anything wired directly to the frame is "-" on the battery.

Also on your unit you can almost certainly run the converter without a battery. If the terminals are securely and safely in a place they will not touch each other or anything else (this is really important to avoid damage), you can find +13.8v or so with the converter on briefly using a volt meter with the black probe touching the frame, and the red probe touching each terminal one at a time. The one powered by the comverter to +13.8v will go to ""+" on the battery.

Jim